Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2016, 04:39 PM

18 posts, read 16,445 times

Advertisements

My husband and I and three kids are looking for a rental in BHISD within the price range of $1400. Is this doable? I look on HAR daily but have only found one so far. Do y'all think more will pop up when school is out? And do they usually go through realtors around there or just put signs up and do by owner? We aren't familiar with the area and I've tried driving around but don't really know what boundary to stay in and still be considered BHISD. Our lease is up on the 31st and school is out on the second. If we don't find anything we will have to stay in a hotel while looking. I just don't know if we should be looking somewhere else if nothing will come up in BHISD. Plus, we have a dog and a cat and don't have good credit but DO have great rental history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 08:53 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,269,751 times
There are some new apartments by the high school. Are you looking for apartments or a house rental? A house rental is going to be more than your budget. You won't find a house under $2000 where I am, and they are going to be really scarce in Mont Belvieu.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:16 PM

3 posts, read 3,192 times
If you have Facebook there is a few places advertised on the Mont belvieu yard sales or what's going on in Mont belvieu? page. You can also message the person who runs the page and ask for a rental. Best bet tho might be to call realtors and drive around every neighborhood. Even all the way down 3180 to 146 and look in those even into cherry point I think it's called. There is rentals in that range but they demand no pets and excellent credit. Maybe some will work with you. Yes realtors have a list usually of people waiting for rentals. I heard one name once that deals with rentals, rob Roca, not positive about that but worth to look into. Houses move fast in the next few weeks for renting for school registration in August. All of eagle creek drive on 3180 exit are barbers hill. That one long road even into beach city. Depends if your kids will go north or south side. If it's a long term move you might want to consider buying. Legends bay has houses and Wilburn ranch altho those are pricier. There is some houses for sale in older neighborhoods.
I did hear that those that live in hunters chase off of 146 can choose what school to go to. Barbers Hill or Gcisd.

There was just one or two houses advertised on the yard sale pages for rentals in lanai off of the feeder road for exit 3180. Maybe there is signs up. Prices were $1400 and $1500 I believe.

Last edited by October_flower; 05-23-2016 at 09:37 PM..

Old 06-06-2016, 07:07 PM

18 posts, read 16,445 times
We have went out there and drove three different times. And can tell it will be difficult. We applied at the eaglebrook apartments but they have a hefty waiting list. We are applying at some apartments in cove just until we can buy bc our credit isn't great right now. Thanks for info guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: