Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 04:54 PM

4 posts, read 6,135 times

Advertisements

Let me start of by saying we have nothing against South Asians. However, we have noticed that Sugar Land is basically all South Asians now. The city of Sugar Land has one of the largest South Asian populations (as a percentage of the population) in the country. We want to live in a majority Caucasian area. Would you say a large portion of the people who live in Fulbrook on Fulshear Creek and Fulshear in general are Caucasian? Again we have nothing against South Asians, and this is just our preference. We have found a beautiful 700k inventory home in Fulbrook on Fulshear Creek that we are about to purchase. We also love the natural peaceful vibe of the community, and the hills.

Last edited by aurae; 01-20-2017 at 05:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 04:59 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
I did not know that 35% Asians was considered a majority.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
I did not know that 35% Asians was considered a majority.
This doesn't include Riverstone and New Territory(joining the city soon) which are in the ETJ and predominately South Asian. Sugar Land has the highest concentration of Asians in Texas and that number is only going to go up when Riverstone and New Territory are annexed.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:11 PM

2,189 posts, read 3,220,586 times
There's a small town called vidor that meets the criteria

Old 01-20-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
There's a small town called vidor that meets the criteria
Why are you calling me a klansman? This is just my preference and based on personal choice which you have in this country. Many other feel the same way, but they don't say it.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:01 PM

676 posts, read 932,582 times
I'm white and grew up in Sugar Land (First Colony) and turned out fine. Whats the problem? About half my friends in school were Asian and the other half white. Same with my neighborhood. You aren't really going to escape that by moving to Fulshear. Plus, traffic getting out there is worse.

Old 01-20-2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeme View Post
I'm white and grew up in Sugar Land (First Colony) and turned out fine. Whats the problem? About half my friends in school were Asian and the other half white. Same with my neighborhood. You aren't really going to escape that by moving to Fulshear. Plus, traffic getting out there is worse.
Sugar Land is basically New Delhi. Diversity is great. However, when the city starts to lose its identity and starts to feel like India.......it just doesn't feel right. Also Westpark tollway is expanding, and construction has already started. Fulshear has a new middle and high school. Also we are getting new construction over 5000 sqft, on a 1/2 acre lot backing up to a nature reserve. It is a pretty good deal. Especially when you get the 700k asking price negotiated down to 600k.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:23 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,822,922 times
It's called white flight, google it, and although not pc it is a reality.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:59 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,020,806 times
Wow, talk about hyperbole. Sugar Land is New Delhi, when I'm 100% sure OP hasn't been anywhere near New Delhi.

Enjoy Fulshear. Truth is if you are west of Hwy 6 between 10 and 59 no matter how far out once development extends out South Asians will move there in time. This is the part of town a lot of them prefer because of proximity to Sugar Land and employment in the EC.

Old 01-21-2017, 06:18 PM

214 posts, read 307,453 times
You will find Fulbrook on Fulshear Creek similar in demographics to the parts of Katyland south of I-10 that are at a corresponding price-point (ie at the 600K you can compare to parts of Cinco, Grand Lakes, etc). Sugar Land is certainly more diverse but the reality is that we're in Fort Bend County, one of that nation's most diverse counties and diversity is all around us...and part of what makes us so great. I find that we are more separated/segregated by socio-economic-education lines vs. ethnic lines.

Fulbrook on Fulshear Creek is a very beautiful community with a relaxed vibe--especially compared to Cross Creek, Cinco, etc. It's the first MPC beyond/West of the Katy Prairie, so the trees and hills really set it apart from the MPCS of western Katy. The new high school and junior high are game changers--they will compete with the KISD schools without the pressures of Big Athletics/6A size. Lastly, the commute to Energy Corridor is much easier than from CC, CR--taking 359 to I-10 is a breeze.

Inventory in the 90' section hasn't been moving, so I am sure that you can really push the builders (esp Coventry and J Patrick) on their spec homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston