Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 05:13 PM

3 posts, read 5,076 times

Advertisements

How does Shadow Creek High School compare to other high schools in Pearland ISD - Glenda Dawson and Pearland High School? Couldn't find much reviews online since it's a new school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 09:50 PM

36 posts, read 47,137 times
Never heard of the school but definitely seems shady to me

Old 02-15-2017, 04:29 AM

480 posts, read 1,698,356 times
There is nothing 'shady' about it. It's a brand new facility. It's in the Alvin ISD so it is not in the same district as Dawson or PHS. It's probably too new to have full rankings.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:22 AM

427 posts, read 440,162 times
It is my understanding that AISD is overall more highly rated than PISD.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:50 AM

97 posts, read 154,627 times
PISD is much more highly rated than AISD but I don't think that's a reflection on the quality of Shadow Creek High School. It's very new but based on location and demographics, I think it will be rated high despite being in AISD.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:25 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,215,538 times
the name Shadow Creek...Shady..lol

If you want a comparison honestly, look at Willowridge early 80s and project Shadow Creek on that

Willowridge, which is down the street, opened up majority white and then they disappeared for some reason but the school flourished as they took advantage of suburban resources until blatant rezoning in the 1990s. Its near HISD so you'll always have an influx of HISD students involved one way or another.

It'll be interesting to see hows that area turns out though as Willowridge did not have multifamily options like they do in Shadow Creek and realistically, there's no move up area as a whole as if people move up, they're moving into an entirely different tax bracket.

How the multifamily options are managed will be a big difference as we saw it took down the sharpstown/westbury areas

Old 02-15-2017, 04:51 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,900,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyC View Post
It is my understanding that AISD is overall more highly rated than PISD.
Not true. PISD is more highly rated than AISD overall.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:55 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,900,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpix View Post
How does Shadow Creek High School compare to other high schools in Pearland ISD - Glenda Dawson and Pearland High School? Couldn't find much reviews online since it's a new school.
Shadow Creek High School is only a year old, but I expect it will be highly rated once it gets going. It's in Alvin ISD not Pearland ISD. Many of the students will be kids from the Shadow Creek Ranch subdivision (which is in Pearland, despite the schools being Alvin ISD).

Old 02-15-2017, 10:53 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,757,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg19 View Post
Never heard of the school but definitely seems shady to me
You're on to something, that school definitely have a shady ring to it. I'm going to keep my eye on it

Old 02-16-2017, 05:38 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,067,947 times
Some of you may wonder why Shadow Creek HS is in Alvin ISD and not Pearland ISD. It's because independent school districts (ISDs) do not have to follow county and city boundaries (the only municipal school district in the state is that of Stafford, Texas).

Until Shadow Creek HS was built, people in SCR went to Manvel High, and before that one opened in 2006 they went to Alvin High.

The part of SCR in Fort Bend ISD is zoned to worse schools (Willowridge HS) compared to the part in Alvin ISD. Until recently people in the Fort Bend part used transfers to get into Alvin and Pearland schools but overcrowding is making the transfers vanish. They started a secession movement but that may be tough to sell as FBISD doesn't want to see its territory go away and Alvin ISD may not want to accept the territory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston