Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 12:31 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,903,345 times

Advertisements

People please quit with the lying Houston has way more swag then Atl, music scene in Atl is because of voice not clothes.Houston has the best shopping in the south.Blacks are doing well in Screwston maybe u need to get out Atl is old News.I seen more trees then well suited individuals in Atl no joke.Houston is all about making money,you can smell money in the air.
Seems to me Atl got in the picture late and want to take the crown off cities like Houston and Dallas that are not new to this but true to this.....

Old 07-14-2011, 12:49 PM

111 posts, read 208,373 times
G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
you got me. I do not know it as fact, but I have observed that most people don't dress like that. There.

A person has no "swagger" if they're still using that word in 2011. Just stale.

The only thing I'll admit is that a lot of people in Atlanta are simply label whores. Very pretentious in that they care more about who they're wearing than what they're wearing. Doesn't mean they look good doing it. They seem to just be trying to keep up with the ghetto "celebrities" that reside there

I don't expect you to agree with me, after all, to you Sky Bar was the high night life in Houston, so its not as if I'm discussing this with a connoisseur on the subject.

Where are you from originally, if I may ask.
Swagger is the best word for what I'm talking about. And TBH, you are the one who seems pretentious.

And you listed Hush among the best of your best (which are all wack compared to Atl)

Old 07-14-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
People please quit with the lying Houston has way more swag then Atl, music scene in Atl is because of voice not clothes.Houston has the best shopping in the south.Blacks are doing well in Screwston maybe u need to get out Atl is old News.I seen more trees then well suited individuals in Atl no joke.Houston is all about making money,you can smell money in the air.
Seems to me Atl got in the picture late and want to take the crown off cities like Houston and Dallas that are not new to this but true to this.....
Dallas, yes. Houston, no. But I said that in my first post *shrugs*

Old 07-14-2011, 01:06 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,516,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by researchiskey View Post
G

Swagger is the best word for what I'm talking about. And TBH, you are the one who seems pretentious.

And you listed Hush among the best of your best (which are all wack compared to Atl)
Than move back to Atlanta. Its obvious Houston doesn't meet your standards.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Than move back to Atlanta. Its obvious Houston doesn't meet your standards.
Here's where the defensiveness is. I didn't say it met or didn't meet my standards, I said it was different than Atl. Ya'll have beat the proverbial horse to death now want to tell me to move lmao!! This is what happens when you try to argue someone down about their own personal opinion. Let others have their own mind

Old 07-14-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Here's where the defensiveness is. I didn't say it met or didn't meet my standards, I said it was different than Atl. Ya'll have beat the proverbial horse to death now want to tell me to move lmao!! This is what happens when you try to argue someone down about their own personal opinion. Let others have their own mind
It's one to say that its different. It's another when you keep adding to it. Most of your responses in here are negative and borders on bashing. No constructive criticism, just bashing. Yes Houston is different. So what. Every city is different. But you go out of your way to prop up Atlanta to bring another city down.

Houston clubs and bars suck.
Houston blacks have little swagger compared to Atlanta.
Houston people are slow and more country than Atlanta. Or its like a spread out country town.
Houston people don't keep up with the joneses ( as if thats bad anyway).

It's annoying to keep hearing it. BTW. Houston does not cater to Hispanics, Blacks, Whites or anyone else.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
It's one to say that its different. It's another when you keep adding to it. Most of your responses in here are negative and borders on bashing. No constructive criticism, just bashing. Yes Houston is different. So what. Every city is different. But you go out of your way to prop up Atlanta to bring another city down.

Houston clubs and bars suck.
Houston blacks have little swagger compared to Atlanta.
Houston people are slow and more country than Atlanta. Or its like a spread out country town.
Houston people don't keep up with the joneses ( as if thats bad anyway).

It's annoying to keep hearing it. BTW. Houston does not cater to Hispanics, Blacks, Whites or anyone else.
Hey now, I wasn't all negative - I said that Houston has less invasive home wreckers!!!! And they budget their wardrobe way better (nod to Harwin).

JP!!...Lmao...In all honesty I did not intend to be negative in any way. The only reason I "added" to it as you mention is bc ya'll kept asking me to clarify. More questions lead to more answers. The only reason I even compared the 2 is bc that was the topic of the thread. I didn't know Houston posters were so sensitive on the topic.

If you don't think Houston caters to Hispanics, that's ok too, maybe you are just used to it. But in comparison to Atl which had a small Hispanic population in comparison to Houston, yes it does. Esp when everywhere you go here, it's something targeting the Hispanic demographic including in the school system. In Atl, it just wasn't like that. Hell, in most places outside of TX is isn't like that.

Why are you so annoyed with a screen name though? Why not just agree to disagree and move on ?

Old 07-14-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Hey now, I wasn't all negative - I said that Houston has less invasive home wreckers!!!! And they budget their wardrobe way better (nod to Harwin).

JP!!...Lmao...In all honesty I did not intend to be negative in any way. The only reason I "added" to it as you mention is bc ya'll kept asking me to clarify. More questions lead to more answers. The only reason I even compared the 2 is bc that was the topic of the thread. I didn't know Houston posters were so sensitive on the topic.

If you don't think Houston caters to Hispanics, that's ok too, maybe you are just used to it. But in comparison to Atl which had a small Hispanic population in comparison to Houston, yes it does. Esp when everywhere you go here, it's something targeting the Hispanic demographic including in the school system. In Atl, it just wasn't like that. Hell, in most places outside of TX is isn't like that.

Why are you so annoyed with a screen name though? Why not just agree to disagree and move on ?
Houston posters have a huge chip on their shoulder. There is no other major city more hated on these forums than Houston. They get it from not only people outside the South, but within it and within the state as well. From my experience, Houstonians are starting to adopt the DC thing of forget everyone else and be way different than everybody. I still disagree with your opinion on Blacks in Houston being slower or how Houston is like a spread out country town. Well, spread out, yes. Country....not even close.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:00 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,281 times
I don't feel like reading this entire thread, but I will say this.....Houston and Dallas are the number 1 and 2 fastest growing cities in the U.S. right now. Atlanta is number 3. People are moving to Houston and Dallas in droves. Houston is a nice "international" city. You will find people of many different ethnicities living here. Every city in the US has it's own culture...doesn't mean one city is better than the other. If you don't like Houston and it's culture...MOVE...

Old 07-14-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Houston posters have a huge chip on their shoulder. There is no other major city more hated on these forums than Houston. They get it from not only people outside the South, but within it and within the state as well. From my experience, Houstonians are starting to adopt the DC thing of forget everyone else and be way different than everybody. I still disagree with your opinion on Blacks in Houston being slower or how Houston is like a spread out country town. Well, spread out, yes. Country....not even close.

Ok, I didn't know that, I guess that explains it. I just recently found the board and began reading when I saw this thread.

For the most part Houston is ok by me, otherwise we wouldn't still be here. My main issue is the public education system (barring a few schools) is pretty bad unless you move to the burbs which makes commuting horrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston