Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 05:08 PM

268 posts, read 239,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverge View Post
The dog is under a rabies quarantine. Standard practice for the safety of the boy.

You have to kennel your dog since you didn't dispute his story. This is not the fault of the county. They were given a story by the boy and you didn't dispute it. Why would they believe anything else?
Did the county give him a process to dispute? It doesn't sound like they did. Honestly, I don't see how they can quarantine this dog because it does not match the description on the complaint. The county is looking for a bulldog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 02:42 AM

56 posts, read 98,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diverge View Post
The dog is under a rabies quarantine. Standard practice for the safety of the boy.

You have to kennel your dog since you didn't dispute his story. This is not the fault of the county. They were given a story by the boy and you didn't dispute it. Why would they believe anything else?

Of course I disputed the story. I disputed it with 3 different people at the Harris County Health Department, but none of that seemed to matter.

It doesn't make any sense to me....why even bother keeping proof of current rabies vaccination if they are going to quarantine the dog regardless of whether I have it or not?

I should note that the when I disputed the breed of the dog, they took my word on that. How convenient. So now my citations say 'poodle' instead of 'bulldog'

Old 09-29-2017, 10:06 PM

19 posts, read 18,559 times
Please don’t just surrender her. All of our shelters are overburdened right now. Going into the shelter is a traumatic experience for a dog, and she did nothing wrong. I’m not sure how you go about making them listen to you, but surely this isn’t the answer?

Old 10-02-2017, 03:16 PM

986 posts, read 1,272,893 times
When my cat bit the grandmother, I asked the same thing about "then why was I required to give him the rabies vaccination?" Their response was, "We used to require you to euthanize the animal so we could test them for rabies."

So . . . thanks?

Funny (not really) that they seem to care more about following procedure and closing this case than actually finding the animal that bit the child that could still be rabid and running loose.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:22 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Sounds like only child, overprotective parents.

I think I'd send a certified letter disputing the story. I would document your discussions with those 3 officials. And I would end by telling them to cease harassing you with this false story.

Old 10-06-2017, 12:26 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,807 times
Well good for the parents of the boy that was bitten for taken their kid to be checked out and filing a report. I would have done the same thing.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:41 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,821,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Well good for the parents of the boy that was bitten for taken their kid to be checked out and filing a report. I would have done the same thing.
Okay then... thanks for telling us? You want a reward for being a responsible parent or something? That's what you're supposed to do. That doesn't mean you need to go overboard and exaggerate, which clearly had to have happened given the huge discrepancy with their story and OP's.

Old 10-06-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbur View Post
Okay then... thanks for telling us? You want a reward for being a responsible parent or something? That's what you're supposed to do. That doesn't mean you need to go overboard and exaggerate, which clearly had to have happened given the huge discrepancy with their story and OP's.
"Clearly" lol "clearly had to have happened"

The OP is going off of hearsay and has a story that has changed at least once already... from "tried to push his way inside" to "barged into our house" and let us not forget we are "allegedly" referring to a 6 y/o kid

If someone can't control their dog or educate it then they shouldn't have it.

And no, I don't want a reward for being a "responsible parent or something"... I'm not a parent but I am a responsible dog owner. Maybe the OP wants to be rewarded with sympathy "... or something" for being an irresponsible parent and dog owner.

Old 10-06-2017, 01:47 PM

1,632 posts, read 3,327,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
If I liked my neighbor I'd just put a bandaid on it and tell my kid to suck it up. If my neighbor was a PITA, I'd have done what these parents did.

Old 10-06-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texascrude View Post
If I liked my neighbor I'd just put a bandaid on it and tell my kid to suck it up. If my neighbor was a PITA, I'd have done what these parents did.
All may not be well on their little cul-de-sac and even more so now lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: