Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 02:21 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,235,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
I’m just looking for a sit-down place without waiters where I can eat a couple of slices and not be gouged. I’ve always been a fan of Star Pizza, but it’s really far to get there from near Katy, where I currently live. Star Pizza is not inexpensive, but it is filling and tasty without being overly salty.
Great place near you is Giovanni's. They usually have by the slice (fresh!) at busy times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 03:50 PM

152 posts, read 458,157 times
Russo's on Briar Forest at Eldridge (Energy Corridor area) sells pizza by the slice. It's pretty good, thin crust, not overly cheesy. I think all of their locations do--there is also one in Bella Terra which is closer to Katy.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:59 PM

12,540 posts, read 2,138,983 times
Fuzzy's Pizza in Katy sells pizza by the slice. My coworkers love their pizza.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:50 PM

9,902 posts, read 6,602,126 times
Vinny's just opened in EaDo. This was much needed. I remember going on South Beach after drinking last year, there was this one pizza place that stayed open late where we would all go and much on some delicous drunk pizza by the slice. EaDo and St Emannuel st is turning into the spot to go clubbing and bar hopping now, so I'm so happy it opened.

Old 11-08-2018, 03:19 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
If you're in the Medical Center area there's a little hole in the wall called Two Guys Pizzeria that sells by the slice. It's pretty damn good pizza, it's fast and they've got some cheap lunch combos.

https://www.twoguyspizzeriatx.com/

It's in the same strip center as SouthWells burgers (also fantastic food BTW) on Holcombe near the Med Center.

Old 11-08-2018, 03:53 PM

391 posts, read 424,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texascrude View Post
just because you can eat an extra large pizza, doesn't mean you should eat an extra large pizza.... Even if doing so saves you $0.04 per square inch.

What better reason is there? Order two (:

Old 11-09-2018, 09:03 AM

196 posts, read 419,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn96 View Post
Russo's on Briar Forest at Eldridge (Energy Corridor area) sells pizza by the slice. It's pretty good, thin crust, not overly cheesy. I think all of their locations do--there is also one in Bella Terra which is closer to Katy.
We tried this Russo's a month or so ago. It was not good. They took an previously cooked stale cheese slice, then added toppings, and recooked again. It was nasty.

We used to go to the Russo's on Westheimer, and they made the slices fresh from scratch. But that location closed.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:17 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,771,203 times
Not the one at Chimney Rock right? I was just there a few weeks ago. Was there another on Westheimer somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Even Further View Post
We tried this Russo's a month or so ago. It was not good. They took an previously cooked stale cheese slice, then added toppings, and recooked again. It was nasty.

We used to go to the Russo's on Westheimer, and they made the slices fresh from scratch. But that location closed.

Old 11-14-2018, 02:56 AM

344 posts, read 346,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Even Further View Post

That is a general problem with pizza by the slice. It is stale and reheated in the oven, never fresh.

Old 11-14-2018, 07:05 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,526,390 times
Galleria ground floor and Costco.
By the way, Costco pizza can beat many 'professional' restaurants.

Is that so important that this thread is still alive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston