Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 09:53 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,806,903 times

Advertisements

Check out Wasi. https://www.wasitownsend.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 01:47 PM

5 posts, read 4,005 times
Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Also, if anyone can let me know the best towns to reside in Houston that would be great. I am young so I would like to network as well as enjoy my days and nights in a town that has a city feel to it or at least towns close on the outskirts of those towns. Not much violence of course and that has jobs within customer service, clerical or call centers as well as good hospitals. I do have a car fyi.

Old 09-15-2018, 12:37 PM

11 posts, read 6,647 times
If you’re not hell bent on living inside the city limits I suggest looking on the outskirts of town. I live less than 30 minutes from Houston and flooding wasn’t an issue at all. Whatever you decide to do I wish you the best and welcome to the area.

Old 09-15-2018, 03:37 PM

132 posts, read 95,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
If music is what you are wanting to get into - I would be more likely to suggest Austin for a music scene.
Lmao. You must not know Houston breeds artist. There's a huge independent movement there. Stop hating. Austin is no longer the music capital of Texas. It's Houston.

Don't let sxsw fool you.

Last edited by edwinpa7; 09-15-2018 at 03:46 PM..

Old 09-15-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
There's big bugs here.
Bigger then the NYC rats? Lol cmon. Stop.

Old 09-15-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingna View Post
Depending on where you live, flooding during any extended, heavy rain event - much less a hurricane- is a legitimate concern.

And snakes...swamp snakessss.

Other than that, it's a great place in which to live.
Oh yeah, because Houston is the only place in the USA with snakes... harmless snakes at that.

Go to Cali you might get eaten by a bear or bobcat. How about a earthquake out of nowhere?

Go to New York and a giant rat might attack. Oh and the roaches.

Why do people single out Houston as if it's the ONLY place a natrual disaster can happen? Or bugs?

Are you envious of Houston? I think so.

Stop hating.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:17 AM

71 posts, read 77,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariejules View Post
At least $1,000 a month for a studio or 1 bedroom but I am worried about the flooding. Any other nice areas in Texas that would be a good place to live?
Houston's your best bet. Just make sure that you do your due diligence on the place you want to live and make sure it is not near a water source like Buffalo Bayou.

Stay away from Austin. I lived there for 12 years and was really glad to leave.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:04 AM

8,323 posts, read 5,488,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinpa7 View Post
Lmao. You must not know Houston breeds artist. There's a huge independent movement there. Stop hating. Austin is no longer the music capital of Texas. It's Houston.

Don't let sxsw fool you.
Way too broad and un-objective.

Austin is the capital of the indie music scene in Texas.

Houston is the capital of hip-hop and R&B for Texas.

Dallas is the capital of EDM and Metal for Texas.

Thats not to say there arent artists from other genres that come out of the cities. Houston has an emerging metal scene (particularly in progressive metal). I play in one of the bands in the scene here and its very tight knit. Dallas has an emerging rap sound that its starting to make its own in the form of Mexican rap. But they arent over taking each other in those genres.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston