Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 10:56 AM

1,474 posts, read 4,997,680 times

Advertisements

Thank you, Captain Obvious. (j/k)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 08:33 PM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
Sounds good but you want to know your doctor's background when they get into this type of medicine. This lady is trained as a general surgeon and right now only has hospital privileges at Sweeney General Hospital. (Found that info on the TX Medical Board site). Not sure I'd be so quick to jump on that bandwagon.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:23 AM

114 posts, read 225,152 times
I heard him on the radio and his grandson (very young ) was calling him "doc" instead of grandpa. Weird! My mother is a physician and my son didn't even know she was a doctor until he was about 7, he simply calls her grandma!

Old 03-16-2015, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,782 times
Default Dr Hotze

I found Dr. Hotze on the radio about 8-9 years ago. Like many 56 year old Americans, I had already had a heart attack which left me with a stint in my heart. I was on 5 prescription medicines a day for life (so I was told) not including all the aspirin and over the counter allergy meds that I was continually taking. I started listening to him on the radio and immediately had my doctor change my thyroid from synthetic to desiccated and immediately noticed that I was sleeping much, much better. I also started taking CoQ10, large doses of vitamin C, D, magnesium (citrate) and fish oil. Today at almost 65, I feel better than I did in my twenties and thirties, more energy, no allergies and rarely have any headaches. I never went to see him but would highly recommend him if you want to live life to it fullest. We would spend that much on our car if it was running poorly, our health is more important than our vehicle. Thank you Dr. Hotze!

Old 06-08-2016, 03:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,275 times
Default Hotze Katy TX

I started at Hotze about 10 years ago. I had a great opinion of them until about 3 years ago. Have stayed with them until June 2016. I have begun to feel the goal is pushing supplements. Also the quality of the staff has taken a very harsh turn for the worse. And just a few weeks ago DR Hotze had decided for liability reasons all lab work goes thru them. I was finally told if i want to use my insurance to run my labs Hotze charges a fee to down load to their system. To me that kills his liability claim. I would have thought calling prescriptions to out side pharmacy would be a bigger liability!! So since it appears that he liability issue is smoke screen, my only other thought is it is for the money. Already a very expensive place to go. Until about 3 years ago well worth the price. Not any more! The big pitch when I first started was lab numbers were guidelines, and we go by how you feel. Also now seems lab numbers rule!! He has turned clinic from high end concierge medicine to a very expensive basic Dr's office in my view. I have now found a Dr in my area that looks at what my body needs to function at its best. Not his liability insurance claim numbers that he has preaches does not take as gospel. The pharmacy is a little expensive, and so far have not been able to get my insurance co to reimburse anything. Physicians Preferences is God awful expensive. For a lot better pricing try life Extension vitamins very smart people and great pricing.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,229 times
Mhcamm what physician do you see instead of using Hotze Health and Wellness that you trust? I've been sick for nearly 20 years and I'm about to loose my job after being on medical leave so long...I'm quite desperate at this point.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:46 AM

1,835 posts, read 3,267,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnlreynolds View Post
I found Dr. Hotze on the radio about 8-9 years ago. Like many 56 year old Americans, I had already had a heart attack which left me with a stint in my heart. I was on 5 prescription medicines a day for life (so I was told) not including all the aspirin and over the counter allergy meds that I was continually taking. I started listening to him on the radio and immediately had my doctor change my thyroid from synthetic to desiccated and immediately noticed that I was sleeping much, much better. I also started taking CoQ10, large doses of vitamin C, D, magnesium (citrate) and fish oil. Today at almost 65, I feel better than I did in my twenties and thirties, more energy, no allergies and rarely have any headaches. I never went to see him but would highly recommend him if you want to live life to it fullest. We would spend that much on our car if it was running poorly, our health is more important than our vehicle. Thank you Dr. Hotze!
Another glowing 1st post wonder! Almost like paid advertising...

Old 06-10-2016, 11:31 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,916,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmu View Post
Another glowing 1st post wonder! Almost like paid advertising...
It's amazing how 1st time one and done posters are almost always supporters of "X" product or service.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:36 AM

8,895 posts, read 20,002,567 times
This thread began in 2008 -- probably time to lay it down.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:55 AM

455 posts, read 525,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
This thread began in 2008 -- probably time to lay it down.
Dunno ... if not for this most recent glowing review, i wouldn't have known about life extending vitamins!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston