Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 09:12 AM

2,548 posts, read 4,056,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Click on your name

Go to settings

scroll down to settings and options then to

edit ignorance list

Be sure to spell the name just right
Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 09:13 AM

2,548 posts, read 4,056,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
You've been here since 2008 and haven't figured that out?

I don't blame you though.
Nope, I never figured it out before. My City-Data experience is about to improve 100%.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:46 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,043,981 times
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...t-14411922.php

Mayor Turner attended his first Mayoral candidate forum and things didn't go very well for him. Tony Buzbee had Turner squirming under the table when he spoke about the treatment of our Police, Firefighters and the lack of achievements of this mayor.

Quote:
For much of the campaign, Buzbee and King have hammered Turner over allegations of pay to play, contending that political donors have too much influence over city business.

On Tuesday, Buzbee accused Turner of overseeing “rampant corruption” at City Hall. He said Houston “stands at a crossroads” and put much of the blame for the city’s problems on what he said was a pay-to-play scheme under Turner’s administration.

“We have to get serious about the leadership,” Buzbee said. “We are being driven into a ditch.”

Old 09-05-2019, 01:13 PM

3,169 posts, read 2,058,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
Nope, I never figured it out before. My City-Data experience is about to improve 100%.
It's a great idea - I considered it, but these political posts grasping for straws are amusing since they fail every single time here lol.

Old 09-08-2019, 02:20 PM

61,753 posts, read 87,217,162 times
Reopened at OP's request.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Reopened at OP's request.
Thanks, I’d appreciate it if people stayed on topic or refrain from posting. 👍🏼

Old 09-08-2019, 08:06 PM

8,354 posts, read 5,517,461 times
What’s the topic? That a city official made a ridiculous comparison? What’s to discuss?

The OPs motivation is quite clear. His post history makes it obvious. All you have to do is look at post 13. That doesn’t have anything to do with the original post.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:55 AM

3,169 posts, read 2,058,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
What’s the topic? That a city official made a ridiculous comparison? What’s to discuss?

The OPs motivation is quite clear. His post history makes it obvious. All you have to do is look at post 13. That doesn’t have anything to do with the original post.
Agreed. It's just a political axe-grinding post, like every post he makes in the Houston forum. They all lead to the same conclusion. That's what the Politics and Other Controversies forum is for imo if it's just the same type of stuff over and over again, they can (and do) go wild with stuff like that there.

Old 09-11-2019, 12:40 PM

391 posts, read 425,216 times
When people talk about "Russian interference" in the election process they're talking about the army of paid shills working from foreign propaganda centers that attempt to disrupt, misinform and spread FUD all over social media and message boards like this one.

I'm not saying that our boy TMYK is a russian troll, but his MO is exactly the same as those groups. I suspect he's getting paid by one of the campaigns or PACs to put this stuff out into the public sphere.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandres View Post
When people talk about "Russian interference" in the election process they're talking about the army of paid shills working from foreign propaganda centers that attempt to disrupt, misinform and spread FUD all over social media and message boards like this one.

I'm not saying that our boy TMYK is a russian troll, but his MO is exactly the same as those groups. I suspect he's getting paid by one of the campaigns or PACs to put this stuff out into the public sphere.
That’s delusional. I own a home in Houston, my family mostly lives in the Houston area and I care deeply about the local community. The notion that anyone who disagrees with the current or past workings of the City of Houston is automatically a paid Russian troll is ridiculous. I bring up these subjects here because it directly affects everyone in Houston and it’s not a strictly political topic. Why does this bother some of you this much? Just ignore me if you don’t want to participate in these threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston