Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 08:11 AM

2 posts, read 8,621 times

Advertisements

I am going to kick myself when I see that the incentives and price of the homes change drastically in the next few months that I could have waited for. This always happens in a sales environment though. Oh well..... I guess it is too late to do anything now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 08:45 PM

37 posts, read 83,270 times
Plantation Homes sold couple more homes in February and J Patrick homes is also selling in the Saratoga section in addition to the Tanglewood section. I heard couple more mid-level builders might be joining in the near future.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:13 PM

109 posts, read 581,453 times
Again, sorry for reviving an old thread, but I didn't want to open up a whole new can of worms by starting a new one.

For those who are interested in Aliana, I wanted to give you an update on the development, as there has been much speculation and discussion in the past.

Two of Newland's top executives--the developers of Telfair, including Newland's ex-Senior V.P.--have been wooed by Aliana Development and have made the move from Newland to Aliana. In addition, Aliana Development is in the progress of relocating its headquarters from Dallas down to Houston and has hired a new top-notch marketing firm.

So far, Highland Homes has announced that they will be building in Aliana--with a new model home opening sometime in December and many of the existing Aliana billboards will be coming down. We may also see the existing land plans changed, especially with more upscale builders coming to the development, not to mention the new management team bringing in their expertise and vision of a great community.

Be on the lookout for new, positive developments and growth as the new management and marketing teams take Aliana in a new direction.

Last edited by VickiMBA; 10-22-2010 at 07:33 PM..

Old 10-22-2010, 08:28 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,828,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiMBA View Post
Again, sorry for reviving an old thread, but I didn't want to open up a whole new can of worms by starting a new one.

For those who are interested in Aliana, I wanted to give you an update on the development, as there has been much speculation and discussion in the past.

Two of Newland's top executives--the developers of Telfair, including Newland's ex-Senior V.P.--have been wooed by Aliana Development and have made the move from Newland to Aliana. In addition, Aliana Development is in the progress of relocating its headquarters from Dallas down to Houston and has hired a new top-notch marketing firm.
Excellent. Now if they could just recruit Costco, Trader Joe's, In and Out Burger, and Z'Tejas...then Aliana would REALLY sell some homes!

Old 10-22-2010, 08:38 PM

109 posts, read 581,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Excellent. Now if they could just recruit Costco, Trader Joe's, In and Out Burger, and Z'Tejas...then Aliana would REALLY sell some homes!
Absolutely! I grew up on In-N-Out Burger and Trader Joe's... And Costco is tons better than Sam's Club!

Old 10-23-2010, 09:37 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,844,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiMBA View Post

So far, Highland Homes has announced that they will be building in Aliana--with a new model home opening sometime in December and many of the existing Aliana billboards will be coming down. We may also see the existing land plans changed, especially with more upscale builders coming to the development, not to mention the new management team bringing in their expertise and vision of a great community.
Thanks for the update... I always thought it would not be a matter of "if" but "when" on something like this for Aliana. I drive through there on occasion, have been in the clubhouse for early voting, and it's quite obvious that the developer has tons of money backing him and continually invested in the development, even through these times of a very slow housing market and high unemployment.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:35 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,783,641 times
That development looks nice. It seems like it's on the same scale with Cinco Ranch.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:21 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,603,690 times
Have they already rerouted F.M. 1463 or 1464 (can't remember which number) through Aliana? I was looking at a map today and it had showed the re-aligned road. I have not been over there in a while so I would not know.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:43 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,844,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberazeneth View Post
Have they already rerouted F.M. 1463 or 1464 (can't remember which number) through Aliana? I was looking at a map today and it had showed the re-aligned road. I have not been over there in a while so I would not know.
Yes, 1464 is rerouted.
West Airport Blvd goes through east/west now too.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:08 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,412,662 times
Default I just deove through there and there is nothing there

I just drove around the place but with all the signs and hype I did't see anything but about 10 houses? maybe I drove through the wrong area but I think where I went is Airport road. It goes through from the Grand Parkway to 1464 but like I said all I saw was open fields no houses yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston