Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2022, 10:49 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,758,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
The court backlogs have nothing to do with Hidalgo, and new courts have to be created by the Legislature, not the County. Ogg is short of prosecutors because she gets rid of them or they leave because Ogg is a horrible human being with no management skills.

I have no complaints on her stance on I-45, I don't see the need to displace people to make the commute easier for people in The Woodlands. I was also opposed to the I-10 expansion, so I've been consistent there. The flood control items along 45 can be done without spending $9 billion on a semi-useless project that will destroy a number of businesses along the proposed 59/45 combination on the East side of Downtown, and anyone who thinks the cap parks will get built is not facing reality.

I am tired of people complaining about Hidalgo's allegedly doing nothing on crime. Suck it up people, and agree to pay more taxes to hire more law enforcement officers. We don' tneed to decimate other County departments at the same time.
Your creditability on this issue has been lost a long time ago lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2022, 06:04 AM

15,417 posts, read 7,477,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
Your creditability on this issue has been lost a long time ago lol.
Nice attack, dude. What's wrong with what I said? Can Hidalgo create courts? No. Have many prosecutors quit or been fired because Ogg is a terrible manager? Yes. Is expanding I-45, burying a combined 45/59 and removing the Pierce Elevated a bad idea? Yes it is.

Old 04-08-2022, 11:31 AM

3,141 posts, read 2,045,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
The court backlogs have nothing to do with Hidalgo, and new courts have to be created by the Legislature, not the County. Ogg is short of prosecutors because she gets rid of them or they leave because Ogg is a horrible human being with no management skills.

I have no complaints on her stance on I-45, I don't see the need to displace people to make the commute easier for people in The Woodlands. I was also opposed to the I-10 expansion, so I've been consistent there. The flood control items along 45 can be done without spending $9 billion on a semi-useless project that will destroy a number of businesses along the proposed 59/45 combination on the East side of Downtown, and anyone who thinks the cap parks will get built is not facing reality.

I am tired of people complaining about Hidalgo's allegedly doing nothing on crime. Suck it up people, and agree to pay more taxes to hire more law enforcement officers. We don' tneed to decimate other County departments at the same time.
I agree with the bolded and I would if the tax increase was going directly towards hiring more patrol officers for the county. Also agree about Ogg - she's terrible.

I'm also not saying the Republicans would necessarily be any better - Cagle was the one that forced the county tax rate downward a couple of years ago anyway and would strip every other department to add police funding. That's ridiculously dumb and won't work. It's essentially a choice between leadership that would bolster the police at the expense of everything else because they don't believe in taxes, or one that won't extend the political capital necessary to increase tax revenue and put resources towards solving the problem. My frustration with Lina right now is that she's the county judge and sets the tone with respect to county priorities - it doesn't seem crime is her biggest one right now. Even if a tax increase is required to deal with the crime spike she needs to be brave and say that, and lay out her reasons why.

There's a lot of factors at play here though - no doubt about that.

As far as 45, its polarizing and I think we'll just agree to disagree on that one, but the way she (and Mayor Turner) have gone about their last-minute opposition isn't something I look kindly toward for a variety of reasons.

Old 04-13-2022, 07:11 PM

It must be election year lol

Harris County Bail Bond Board voted to change minimum bail payments to 10%

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...ayments-to-10/

Old 04-13-2022, 07:38 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,448,391 times
Quote:

It's sad to see the Bail Bondsman Special Interest Group trotting out emotionally vulnerable family members to stay in business. Of course, the local TV media is trying to help with editorialized news stories, to start recovering lost advertising dollars on late night TV from this industry.

Old 04-13-2022, 08:08 PM

5,612 posts, read 4,936,485 times
Quote:

At least it's something - obviously other things need fixing but this is needed.

Old 04-16-2022, 02:42 PM

https://abc13.com/police-chase-hemps...26vPl0nsnaYCyc

Harris county’s finest…another “catch and release” thug kills another citizen

Old 04-17-2022, 05:47 AM

8,323 posts, read 5,484,706 times
Quote:

That should be something you greatly support. I think that’s a good solution. Yank bail reform but specify it for violent offenders. That way people aren’t forced into jail for very minor offenses because they can’t make bail but those who are violent offenders will have a much more difficult time getting bail.

Old 04-17-2022, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
That should be something you greatly support. I think that’s a good solution. Yank bail reform but specify it for violent offenders. That way people aren’t forced into jail for very minor offenses because they can’t make bail but those who are violent offenders will have a much more difficult time getting bail.
Your leader Hidalgo was originally against it.

Old 04-17-2022, 07:42 AM

15,417 posts, read 7,477,525 times
Quote:
Your leader Hidalgo was originally against it.
No, Hidalgo did NOT vote against the 10% requirement. There were two votes against, and neither of those was Hidalgo https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...ayments-to-10/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston