Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:30 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times

Advertisements

I vaguely recall a few years ago having to tell the DDC some information about the ticket so they could notify the court. I may be recalling incorrectly but I would suggest waiting until approval or until you know for a fact you don't have to wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 12:37 PM

44 posts, read 157,185 times
Please.., just take defensive driving. Tons of this course available online and costs you only $25!

Old 11-12-2008, 09:47 PM

120 posts, read 715,260 times
Lightbulb where exactly is this DSC window at 1400 Lubbock Municipal court

OK, Finally its time for me to submit the paperwork (Course completion, Drivers record, affidavit) to the court. I have everything ready with me.
I prefer to submit it in person, but my question is HOW ? In the instruction sheet (http://www.houstontx.gov/courts/pdf/...structions.pdf) it says

"Submit your certificate or completion of the course (court’s copy), the certified copy of your driving record, and a signed and notarized DSC affidavit to the court or the DSC window, at 1400 Lubbock. If you deliver in person, the clerk will certify the affidavit"

Does anyone who had been there recently know where exactly is this DSC window at 1400 Lubbock Municipal court ? and, what times are the 'windows' open ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereItIs View Post
Last week I got my first ticket EVER and it’s a moving violation ‘Proceeded straight on a Must turn left’ lane. This was Smith st in Downtown.. Since I never had a ticket before, I am quite unsure how to deal with it and your help is appreciated.

Though I am guilty, I feel like it should have been only a warning due to my clean driving record.

Reading the ticket, it seems like I can ‘plead guilty’, send in the $110 fine and take Defensive driving to clear my records OR go to court and fight it over. The last thing I want to do is to go to court and waste one or many days.. I checked in some of the ticket attorney’s website and even though they say their rates start at $70, I do not know how much it would actually cost. If I hire an attorney (for say $70) do they go to court and represent me ? Do I have accompany them ? If I have to accompany them to the court, I don’t think attorney is a viable option.

Any other option than showing up in court in the hopes that officer wont turn up ?

Since I am brand new to this crap, I would request your advice and tips.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:29 AM

530 posts, read 2,037,185 times
I save defensive driving for RURAL or TROOPER tickets. You can't fight those easily. But you can get Deferred Adj. on any Houston or Harris ticket, so I'd do that instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston