Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2007, 12:41 AM

967 posts, read 2,610,311 times

Advertisements

We are very interested in these 2 communities and homebuilders and looking to spend $220k for similiar floorplans with similar features.

Looking for any info on either homebuilders and these communities. Also we know very little about Lamar CISD (Long Meadow Farms) the schools would be Frost elem Brisco Jr and Foster HS

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2007, 07:01 AM

2,703 posts, read 3,417,385 times
Village Builders in Cinco Ranch would be better. VB is a better home builder, and it is in a better school district.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:56 PM

59 posts, read 426,617 times
Hi,

There's a website called HADD.com (Homeowners Against Defective Dwellings) that can provide you info on if specific homebuilders have had any serious claims against them. I personally checked out Village Builders (who built the home we just purchased in The Woodlands) and found (at that time) that there were NO claims registered on the site...most every other major builder had something going. This doesn't mean there can't be individual defects in any of their homes, just that there aren't any major defects being reported affecting their homes in general. BTW, Village Builders is owned or is a subsidiary of Lennar Homes, which DOES pop up on the site, just to be fair.

Anyway, go check out the site to see if it can give you better insight.

Good luck!

Old 11-14-2007, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 7,393 times
Default Lakes of Bella Terra

[SIZE=3]I’m looking in the area too. I heard of a neighborhood called Lakes of Bella Terra. They have David Powers Homes around the $200’s.[/SIZE]
Lakes of Bella Terra (broken link)

Old 11-14-2007, 10:02 PM

33 posts, read 154,494 times
Whatever you do , if you can move AWAY from the Long Meadow Farms/Bella Terra/Richmond area, it is getting worse, and if your budget allows your way better off in katy. The schools ARE WAY BETTER. I had a friend move to Long Meadows Farms, and the second day she moved into her new house her air-conditioning was ripped form its foundation and took by bandits! Plus their is a new Wal-Mart going in which usually makes house values go down, please dont do something that you might regret later!!!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:17 PM

967 posts, read 2,610,311 times
Well I am the OP... we did choose Cinco Ranch over Long Meadow Farms. Our Village Builders house ended up being the same price as the Ryland house, after all options were considered and is much nicer. HOA fees were the same in each neighborhood. In Long Meadow Farms there was one large rec center... in Cinco there are 7. School... we liked near Long Meadow Farms the elementary, but were leary about driving so far (8mi ) to Jr Hi and High School.

Just something to keep in mind in all of Katy, it is a fast growing district... which means new schools go up and neighborhoods zone and rezone to different schools. All I can say is if you are going to move into a growing area, expect a little school bouncing and roll with the punches. We just got through the rezoning for Katy's 31st elementary and it was crazy.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 7,297 times
Default Long Meadow Farms

We've lived in Long Meadow Farms for 3 years. We were one of the first homes built-Cinco Ranch does have better aminities. The reason we stay and like it, is because we've got a fantastic group of neighbors and love the peace and quiet. The subdivision is only 3 years into a 7 year plan and we havent been invaded by retail shops yet. I read the post about someones friend having their AC stolen, that happens in every new neighborhood, my sister in law built in SugarLand and had her entire house graffittied-we've never had a problem out here. There have been days when we've left for work and our garage door stays open from 8 in the morning until 5:30 at night. Days when our dog has gotten out and friendly neighbors walk him home and make sure hes secure. We like it, Cinco Ranch is nice as well so good luck. The only advice I can give is to buy on this side of the freeway-the other side Waterview side doesn't seem to hold the same value. Check out HAR.com or FBCAD.org.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston