Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2009, 09:40 AM

14 posts, read 88,824 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I just moved to South Katy (Cinco Ranch area) six months ago. I'm having a hard time finding someone to cut and highlight my very fine, dark blonde hair that is starting to show some gray. I went to someone recommended by a friend, but I haven't been happy with the results. I'd probably find it acceptable if I were paying less, but at $45 for a cut/blow-dry and $90 for highlights, I expect pretty close to perfection! Are my expectations unreasonable? Anyway, I've seen a lot of posts here for someone to cut/color curly hair, but not super-straight, baby-fine hair. I'm willing to travel outside of my area if it means I'll be paying less for decent service. I'm having a hard time justifying spending so much money on my hair in this economic climate. Thanks for any and all recommendations!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 12:05 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,936,309 times
I've been happy so far with Gilda, the owner of Salon Victoria on Cinco Ranch Blvd near Grand Parkway. My hair is curly but she does a good job highlighting it, and is not as expensive and so many of the nearby salons. I only get a partial highlight though, not a full.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:43 PM

569 posts, read 1,078,367 times
I've been happy with Sherri at Salon Victoria (same salon mentioned in prior post) for quite some time now. She does a great job!

Old 02-19-2009, 03:11 PM

14 posts, read 88,824 times
Thank you for the referrals ladies. However, the stylist I've gone to a couple of times actually works at Salon Victoria, and I'd feel pretty weird to go there and have someone else do my hair at this stage...maybe it would be okay after a bit more time has gone by? Also, I'm trying to find somewhere a little less expensive (maybe the lady I went to charges more than yours? I know I make the checks out to her so they probably set their own rates). But thanks all the same for taking the time to reply!

Old 08-28-2009, 03:42 PM

454 posts, read 1,585,743 times
I am bringing this back up for my wife. She is looking for a good place to get her hair cut/highlighted in the Katy Area. I have seen people reference Salon Victoria, Hair Color Company, Secrets Salon, and my wife stopped by Wen Chic salon off of Fry and 99. She just wants to find the right place to start and hopefully be happy with. We live in SW Katy and she would like to find a stylist in this area as well. I just have not yet seen a definitive response to a great salon for her, I keep reading mixed reviews, or just one review....seems odd that there is not a larger consensus regarding a great salon/stylist in the Katy area. She is used to spending around $100 for her cut/color, and I think Wen Chic was around $100-120 which was fine, just not sure if they are any good. She has a pretty straight-forward idea that she wants for her hair, but it seems to be difficult to find someone who can do it right.

Also we need to find a place to get our sons hair cut as well, so can anyone recommend a kid friendly place as well? Preferably the same stylist for both her and our son.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:49 PM

47 posts, read 141,816 times
Lifetime spa was recommended but when I called I couldnt get an appointment for a time that suited me. I also want a place where I can get my nails n stuff done that is nearby so I am not rushing between places. So have booked Seven Lakes III near HEB and after that just a short hop to TGF Hair Salons ( the other side of HEB). I will be going there for the first time tomorrow so fingers crossed I wont come out looking like a french poodle.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:00 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,936,309 times
Love LOVE LOVE Wen Chic now!!! I use Tessa there, who is excellent. She is a fabulous colorist and my cut has been great too. I ditched Salon Victoria because my last highlight there was awful. WeN Chic all the way now

Old 08-29-2009, 05:06 PM

47 posts, read 141,816 times
Went to TGF today, came out looking all glam.... really pleased with the results.... defo going back again

Old 07-09-2012, 02:13 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,171,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahhatfield View Post
Everyone should try HAIR GALLERY in Katy, near Katy High School, on Hwy 90 next door to Midway BBQ Restaurant.
The salon is absolutely beautiful, the owner is very friendly as well as the stylists. The stylists are really good. I will not go anywhere else... their phone number is 281-391-7910.. I highly reccomend them to all my friends
I wouldn't go to Hair Gallery on a bet. They burned off my grandma's hair with perm solution and then cussed her out when she complained!

Ronnie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston