Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 01:13 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,420,868 times

Advertisements

I refuse to step in any WalMart! It's like stepping into the twilight zone! I'd much rather shop in Target...cleaner, and much friendlier customer service. And the clientele is a step above!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 06:10 PM

419 posts, read 1,921,624 times
I'll admit Target is much nicer. The wife always goes there and refuses to shop at Walmart for several reasons. But I will have to say that Target is very lacking in automotive and sporting goods products. Our local Target has no auto service center, but it sure would be great if they could at least outfit that department with more products. Same for sporting goods as they only have the very basics and that is very limited as well.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:43 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
I refuse to step in any WalMart! It's like stepping into the twilight zone! I'd much rather shop in Target...cleaner, and much friendlier customer service. And the clientele is a step above!
It really depends on the Wal-Mart. The one near Beechnut and Beltway 8 is great. I don't understand all the comments about Target having better customer service. It is just as bad as Wal-Mart's. One thing that is for certain is Target hires much better looking people. I bet this gives the perception the customer service is better.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:00 PM

637 posts, read 3,237,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Going to Walmart to get good customer service is like going to McDonald's for fine dining, or METRO for personal chauffeur service.

Had to laugh (and agree) with this one... I wasn't aware that Wal Mart had customer service??
If you ever do go into one of these establishments and see something you want you had better grab it right then, because if you come back two days later looking for it, it will be gone and no one will know what your talking about.

Try asking someone where something is and you will get the same two responses (I think they teach this in what ever training they give) "not my dept" and "it's over there, way over there".

I do not patronize this business anymore as everytime I used to go into one I felt the need to go home and take a bath...

Old 06-01-2009, 07:33 PM

2 posts, read 4,239 times
I always go to Target, which is way cleaner. The quality of their stuff and custom service are also slightly better than Wal-mart.

Also, the Wal-mart here is located at a very strange place. I have been there several times, but each time I somehow got lost.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:34 PM

419 posts, read 1,921,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Conroe resident
Try asking someone where something is and you will get the same two responses (I think they teach this in what ever training they give) "not my dept" and "it's over there, way over there".
This is so true, having experienced this myself several times.

Funny that as I started this reply, I hear a Walmart commercial on the TV.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:54 PM

421 posts, read 1,727,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Conroe resident View Post
I do not patronize this business anymore as everytime I used to go into one I felt the need to go home and take a bath...
I feel the same way. I have been in multiple Wal-Mart stores and every time I have to use the restroom. In different stores in different states I have walked in, stopped and walked back out after seeing poop smeared on the stalls, the toilet seat or the floor.

The same nasty person that left the poop, did not wash their hands, and if they did Wal-mart only has slow running cold water in the horse trough styled sinks and never any soap. So that nasty person is out in the store touching the merchandise, handling the toys and packs of Huggies. My three year old will probably reach out and grab and item that was touched with poopy hands, and before I can sanitize or wash he has his hands in his mouth or worse yet mine. Yuck.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:12 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,828,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommiePreMed View Post
I feel the same way. I have been in multiple Wal-Mart stores and every time I have to use the restroom. In different stores in different states I have walked in, stopped and walked back out after seeing poop smeared on the stalls, the toilet seat or the floor.
WHY do people do that? I am truly baffled by that behavior.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:05 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,490,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
WHY do people do that? I am truly baffled by that behavior.
What? Is it not normal to poop on a wall? All those years I've been misguided. From now on, I promise I'll just poo in the sink where it belongs.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:12 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,702,433 times
You all have it completely wrong. The fitting room is where you're supposed to poo, on top of the clothes you tried on but didn't fit. That shirt doubles as TP when you're done.

And also if you find merchandise you want to poop on but can't because you're out in public, just spike it to the ground like you just scored a touchdown and yell "You piece of ****!" Damn the man!!!!

I didn't know they did that in the women's restrooms though. I always figured it was a male thing, 3 out of 4 times an illegal-immigrant-male thing.

Never saw any of this at a Target store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston