Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 09:13 PM

33 posts, read 203,114 times

Advertisements

can you give me your opinion regarding your neighborhood.. good and bad..

thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 05:21 PM

1,326 posts, read 3,451,130 times
I too would be curious to hear people's opinions.
We just went under contract on a home there over the weekend.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:20 PM

2,165 posts, read 3,772,382 times
Taxes are high and school district sucks. We backed out of a house deal there.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:34 PM

33 posts, read 203,114 times
Why would school district suck I thought it's katy isd?

Old 06-22-2009, 01:49 PM

171 posts, read 414,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah2009 View Post
Why would school district suck I thought it's katy isd?
He must be talking about Westheimer Lakes South which is LCISD, but I wouldn't say either are bad enough to back out of a house.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:46 PM

10 posts, read 33,595 times
He must be talking about south. Westheimer lakes north is Katy ISD and it is a great school district. Actually one of the best rated in the state.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:47 PM

10 posts, read 33,595 times
Sorry, forgot to comment on the rest.

The neighborhood is great. The rec center is never crowded and everyone we have meet so far has been really great.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

Old 06-25-2009, 09:32 PM

14 posts, read 50,862 times
Katy ISD is great! I am a teacher in KISD, so I'm an expert!

Ok, so I don't live in WLN, but we were interested in learning more about the neighborhood and drove through there last weekend. I posted this in another thread, but since you asked, I figured I'd give my two cents...There were several shabby looking yards, several commercial vehicles parked on the streets/driveways, and one house even still had CHRISTMAS LIGHTS up. When we saw that, we literally turned around and left the neighborhood and never looked back. That is SO not okay in my book. But I tend to be overly picky about these kinds of things.

If you do a search on WLN, you'll see that there is another thread just like this...one poster even shared a story about how he and his wife were looking there as well and saw some pretty undesirable things, too--including the police dealing with some "issues!"

I don't mean to offend anyone on here who lives there, but I am just telling it like it is--what I've personally seen and what I've heard from others....and it's not good!

Good luck wherever you end up!

Old 06-27-2009, 09:24 AM

58 posts, read 186,748 times
Default Give this place a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCgrad03 View Post
Katy ISD is great! I am a teacher in KISD, so I'm an expert!

Ok, so I don't live in WLN, but we were interested in learning more about the neighborhood and drove through there last weekend. I posted this in another thread, but since you asked, I figured I'd give my two cents...There were several shabby looking yards, several commercial vehicles parked on the streets/driveways, and one house even still had CHRISTMAS LIGHTS up. When we saw that, we literally turned around and left the neighborhood and never looked back. That is SO not okay in my book. But I tend to be overly picky about these kinds of things.

If you do a search on WLN, you'll see that there is another thread just like this...one poster even shared a story about how he and his wife were looking there as well and saw some pretty undesirable things, too--including the police dealing with some "issues!"

I don't mean to offend anyone on here who lives there, but I am just telling it like it is--what I've personally seen and what I've heard from others....and it's not good!

Good luck wherever you end up!

Driving thru a community once ot twice does not do it justice!
You need to drive thru many times, and different times of the
day, and days of the week to 'give it a fair shake'. I have not
seen the house with Xmas lights. I work alot, and am not here
except the weekends. I've found it to be racially diverse, with
many nice people. The clubhouse and pool area are nice and
are within walking distance of our home. The community is having
a 4th of July party today in fact at the Splashpad across the
highway.

The schools are outstanding, DVR must have been talking about
WL across the highway. My kids love it here, and my wife has
met many other nice ladies here. Your kids can ride their bikes
and I feel safe that they can. Just because someone saw a police
car once, does not make it a bad place. Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:25 AM

58 posts, read 186,748 times
Default correction to last

Sorry DSL, not DVR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston