Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 09:38 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,347,440 times

Advertisements

Threw "Houston" in there to keep it local, haha.

I moved here last year from NYC metro and watching the game made me a bit homesick (though I'm an Ohio native, I lived three decades in NY.)

I'm also chuckling that if they had to, the Phillies and Yankees could take commuter trains to each other's ball park...beats flying coast to coast if the Dodgers had won the NL!

I know some people just hate the Yankees, period...or resent their big payroll or whatever. But Derek Jeter is a good guy (no scandals, no steroid whispers, etc.) and I hope he and the other members of the "Core Four" (Posada, Rivera, Pettitte) get another ring!

Any other Yankees boosters here?

Last edited by catfancier; 10-26-2009 at 09:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 09:42 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,706,752 times
Houston Astros fan here, but want to see the Yankees win. I enjoy their games, they are always exciting to watch. Got to admit, AROD is the best player ever (other than maybe Ted Williams).

Old 10-26-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Houston Astros fan here, but want to see the Yankees win. I enjoy their games, they are always exciting to watch. Got to admit, AROD is the best player ever (other than maybe Ted Williams).

If you're an Astros fan, I feel your pain ....though they did have some glory days when they had all the "Killer B's." I haven't made it to Minute Maid park yet but I will try harder next season. I'm sort of an AL girl at heart though (started out with the Tribe in Cleveland.)

I think A-Rod is an A--hole off the field, I have to admit...but he is FINALLY coming thru for his team. It was nasty all those postseason games when he could not have hit a beach ball....

But thanks for rooting for them!!

Old 10-26-2009, 10:46 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,122,082 times
A Yankees fan since childhood growing up in one of the boroughs! Great game last night...just wish I could have yelled & whooped while Mo was doing his thing but everyone else in the house was sleeping . My brother, die-hard, fanatic Yankees fan, is flying up to NY tonight & is planning on staying through to the end of the series.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
A Yankees fan since childhood growing up in one of the boroughs! Great game last night...just wish I could have yelled & whooped while Mo was doing his thing but everyone else in the house was sleeping . My brother, die-hard, fanatic Yankees fan, is flying up to NY tonight & is planning on staying through to the end of the series.

Hey...I was whooping it up too and hope my neighbors didn't wake up ....

I was almost verklempt after the last pitch when Rivera and Posada walked (not ran) purposefully to each other and had that long manhug....they aren't kids anymore and they know how special this is. Sometimes I hate to see all the "piling on" in the field celebration because I worry someone will get an injury that will keep them out of the game! Certainly the pitchers never belong in those piles.

Does your lucky brother have tickets???? Or is he just going to a great sports bar and enjoying the games during broadcast?

Old 10-26-2009, 11:53 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,122,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
Hey...I was whooping it up too and hope my neighbors didn't wake up ....

I was almost verklempt after the last pitch when Rivera and Posada walked (not ran) purposefully to each other and had that long manhug....they aren't kids anymore and they know how special this is. Sometimes I hate to see all the "piling on" in the field celebration because I worry someone will get an injury that will keep them out of the game! Certainly the pitchers never belong in those piles.

Does your lucky brother have tickets???? Or is he just going to a great sports bar and enjoying the games during broadcast?
Yeah...the man-hug was nice.

Not sure if he already has tickets but he always manages to get them. And no, he won't be going to the sports bars - he is very superstitious & has some crazy rituals that he follows so I'm guessing he's going to hole up in the parents' family room & invite his buddies over. They all "get" his rituals. LOL

Old 10-26-2009, 12:26 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,819,342 times
I am hoping the Yankees suffer a miserable and humiliating defeat. They are a bunch of mercenaries and will CHOKE!!!

Old 10-26-2009, 12:32 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,548,129 times
You could've just mentioned that Andy Pettitte grew up in Deer Park to tie it in locally

The Yankees are easy to hate with A-Roid and all, but Joe Girardi is a class act and I do like Pettitte. It'll be a good series either way.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:38 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,401,094 times
It will be interesting to see Pettitte and Lidge against each other...

Old 10-26-2009, 12:48 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,408,854 times
From what the media is saying, plenty of tickets to be had. The new Yankee stadium has prompted even tickets to rise even more than in the past. Fans are said to be boycotting. First time in history the games were not sold out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: