Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 10:24 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,814 times

Advertisements

Is this guy/girl just trying to get his 15 minutes of fame or what??

Cross-dressing student sent home from Aldine ISD school | TOP STORIES | KHOU.com | News for Houston, Texas (http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou091102_mh_nimitz-cross-dresser_.27b36d413.html - broken link)

Old 11-03-2009, 10:34 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Going to watch this thread closely...

Old 11-03-2009, 10:35 AM

1,668 posts, read 4,707,379 times
It's hard enough just being a a typical teenager. That boy should consider dressing like a boy until he graduates from high school. He can go for the bras & dresses later. By doing this in high school, he's setting himself up for a hard time by his peers.

Edit to add: Remember he is a real live human & his teenage classmates may read a nasty post & TAKE IT LITERALLY. Keep this PG guys.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:39 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,834 times
It's the camels nose.

Soon this will be a hate crime.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:43 AM

2,271 posts, read 5,147,769 times
He should be able to wear what he wants. If he wants "set himself up for torment" then he can, but the wig was out of dress code, so he has to follow that.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:50 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,463,432 times
Kids make me laugh. I remember doing stuff for fun and attention in Junior and middle school. It was mostly for laughs. Us Guys would egg each other on, to out do one another with attention getting behavior. (The girls thought we were cool) . Back then, it was long hair, sneakers with no socks, sandals, beatle boots, and bell bottoms. Look how tame all that looks today. but we were thrown out of school many times for that Horrid behavior. The School sponsored Fall festival, had all the football players, dress in drag, wearing Girls bathing suits, and going on stage, in the auditorium. If a big deal is not made of it, they will usually get tired of the gimmick, and just move on to something else, As they mature. they are after all, just Kids. Outrages behavior should be expected from some. My 20 year old, has started wearing his pants, in the proper position, all on his own. Kids experiment, then move on. that is how they learn.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:14 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Most school districts have a rule against clothing that is a distraction to the other student's learning. A guy dressing up as a lady is a distraction to the classroom. I'm not judging the student. If I'm a teacher, it's not my business if the guy is a cross dresser. When it becomes a distraction, then it becomes the school's business. It is impossible to argue that a cross dresser in a room full of 16 year old high schoolers is anything but distracting.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:12 PM

1,416 posts, read 4,438,987 times
Though gay and cross-dressing are two completely different things, I'm gay and certainly understand what school-age torment means. Even if you "pass for straight," you are always keenly aware that you are different from everyone else, and that if you could blink three times and skip to college, you would in a heart beat. I don't really understand the whole woman-trapped-in-a-man's body thing, but I feel for this kid as his life is probably pretty much the butt of most kids' jokes. And school is hard enough without feeling that kind of pressure.

With that said, I think that there are ways he can express himself without being sent home, suspended, or putting himself into danger. I don't envy his parents or educators because, while they might mean well, they probably aren't doing him any favors. What he needs is to find friends he can relate to that will help him through this time, until he is old enough to make sense of things.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:23 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,463,432 times
He should at least consider sensible shoes. Maybe some nice pumps. ---I know, I couldn't help myself.---As I said, Kids make me laugh. Is there anyone here old enough to remember the big deal that was made, when women wanted to wear pants to school.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:29 PM

374 posts, read 812,644 times
Earlier this year, a gay student was sent home from the local high school for wearing make-up, but no one cared and there was no issue made out of it. Maybe it would have been a bigger deal if it had been in a big city like Houston. But stuff like this happens in small towns with probably much more frequency than you would expect. I remember a couple of years ago, I heard about another gay student who was banned from the school prom for attempting to bring a male date. Part of me suspects that this might just be kids looking for attention, but some people might consider this a violation of civil rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston