Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 06:48 PM

1,667 posts, read 4,718,414 times

Advertisements

He certainly earns a spot in our forums wall of fame.....somewhere in the mix with Wyswig & the gang. Lol!

Gone, but never forgotten. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 07:11 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,566,958 times
I got the impression from the very first post that "he" was a she....

Old 01-23-2010, 07:11 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,689,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blawp View Post
Calfornia has a higher GDP per capita than Texas, and has the best university system in the nation. I loved it there. The only reason I live here is because my grandmother, who lives in Fort Worth, has cancer and is at MD Anderson receiving treatment, and I am currently taking care of her.

I work for an engineering company here right now, and the perks are terrible (our office doesn't even have drinking fountains). When I lived in California I worked for Chevron in San Ramon, had a great salary, great benefits, and lived a very nice, less stressful life. Now I fight traffic in both directions, see the most horrific urban blight on the way to work, and all there is to stare at are burned out buildings, power lines, billboards, and traffic signals dangling by strings.

I never saw such blight where I lived in The Bay Area, but in Houston it's just pervasive. I can't get away from it. It's tough to find a relaxing area here.
LOL. The Bay Area is filled with blight. I lived there for 4 years when I was in school at Berkeley. Whether it's in SF (Hunter's point, the Mission, etc.) or the East Bay (most of Oakland except for the Hills or around the Lake) or North Bay (Richmond) there is plenty of nastiness to go around.

I suppose maybe if you are a white person living in North Berkeley, the Oakland Hills or Danville/San Ramon you wouldn't see it. The difference between here and SF is that the Bay Area is much more segregated. The white people there like to pat themselves on the back for being so compassionate and caring about the "poor people of color" but they wouldn't be caught dead near working class neighborhoods (or let working class people in to their neighborhood).

Old 01-23-2010, 08:11 PM

958 posts, read 2,581,079 times
Be nice people. Southerners are known for their niceness.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:18 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,642,783 times

Disgusting? This should be on a postcard.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:30 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,144,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blawp View Post
Why? Too few auto parts stores, power lines and Whataburgers for your liking?

Spring, TX is a wasteland; a cultural void. People there medicate themselves with Fox News and the smell of benzene emitted from their F-250s.
OHHHH this one got me right in the heart.

i mean spring is so small it could hardly be classified as a wasteland, i LOVE my fox news but then i guess he likes all of the tax and spend nonsense going around these days (hell how else did cali go bankrupt), as for benzene, that is a product added to gasoline and so the "chemical engineer" he/she claims to be should know better because 95% of all the f-250's are diesel and do not have benzene emissions as much as his/her 2000 toyota camry does.

he is more then likely aspiring to upgrade to a prius in the next couple of years with all the money he is saving by living here in texas as opposed to taxafornia.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:33 PM

739 posts, read 2,266,590 times
I bet Blawp also love apple products. I don't see the point in spending more money to have an attractive traffic light when the ones on wires work just as well. As far as wind goes Houston has fewer severe wind storms than Dallas or Oklahoma City. I don't think a hurricane once every 15 years taking out some of the lights justifies spending the money on the ones you want.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:20 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,142,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post

Disgusting? This should be on a postcard.
Pretty 3rd world if you ask me.

(sarcasm)

Well, I guess we (including me) should stop feeding the newest troll to Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston