Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 03:57 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,055,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpar View Post
Troll. Stay on the internet where you won't actually hurt someone, haha.

Also like Jfre81 said. There were other countries in Haiti even before America was I think. I think one of them were the Philippines.
The Philippines is practically a third world country themselves, where is proof of this so called help? I know both of them are predominately Catholic countries, maybe that is where you are getting confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 03:58 PM

789 posts, read 1,531,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Stop that. You're insulting trolls.
You're right. On the other forum I chat on he would be sub-normal compared to some of the people posting on there, haha. He really isn't that good of a troll.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
What if we had them destroy crummy apartments on 1960? How would you feel? (as if the demolition crews involved would have anyone else)
I used to live in an apartment off 1960...it was hardly crummy though.

Quote:
Anyway, let's not pretend like the humanitarian effort in Haiti is solely a U.S. effort. We're only joining the rest of the civilized world.

Senegal (a country in West Africa, in case anyone wonders where or what Senegal is) has even offered an entire province for displaced Haitians to live.

Permanently.
Awesome! I would love to see Africa take some Haitians in. They might feel more at home there than in Houston or the US anyways.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
The Philippines is practically a third world country themselves, where is proof of this so called help? I know both of them are predominately Catholic countries, maybe that is where you are getting confused.
What? What does them being Catholic have to do with anything? And I said I think there was other countries there before America. I'm not sure if it was the Philippines or if it was Taiwan. It was a Asian country though. And I got the information from a news story on the front page of Yahoo. A couple of days after the Earthquake hit they were already preparing to leave.

You would be surprised by how much other people in the world help out when something happens. And the American Government doesn't even look in it's direction. I know that is hard for most peoples brains here in our country to compute.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Awesome! I would love to see Africa take some Haitians in. They might feel more at home there than in Houston or the US anyways.
I'm sorry to tell you this, but you have a bit of racism in you.

My point is, why would they feel more comfortable in Africa than they would America. Or South America. Hell since they speak French I would think they would feel more at home there.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:07 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,626,437 times
I'm not seeing where the Phillippines was there before we were but they did send help.

The Congo has pledged $2.5M USD in financial aid to Haiti. Nobody will confuse the former Zaire with an economic superpower anytime soon. By African standards, "million" might as well be spelled with a capital "B."

Old 01-25-2010, 04:09 PM

265 posts, read 598,129 times
Quote:
My point is, why would they feel more comfortable in Africa than they would America. Or South America. Hell since they speak French I would think they would feel more at home there.
I don't know, why don't you tell me?

Since your so convinced he was racist.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
What? What does them being Catholic have to do with anything? And I said I think there was other countries there before America.
Because Catholics tend to help other Catholics in times of need. I should know, I am one & my gf is a Fillipina.

Quote:
You would be surprised by how much other people in the world help out when something happens. And the American Government doesn't even look in it's direction. I know that is hard for most peoples brains here in our country to compute.
WTF are you talking about? America helps the whole damn world & just gets criticized for it in the end like we're not doing enough already.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry to tell you this, but you have a bit of racism in you.

How was what I said racist? If they speak French then maybe France should take them in, or how about Canada? New Orleans maybe? I would love to see that one...

Old 01-25-2010, 04:40 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,626,437 times
According to Pat Robertson and the five dozen or so imbeciles who pay him any mind, Haitians worship Satan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt
America helps the whole damn world & just gets criticized for it in the end like we're not doing enough already.
It's not warranted most of the time, but when you're at the top of the world, you're going to catch a nosebleed every now and then. We could quit telling everyone what to do, stop meddling in their political affairs and not speak for the most part unless our string gets pulled. It's the way America used to roll.

We probably wouldn't catch as much hell if we still did it that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: