Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 09:55 PM

4 posts, read 43,266 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are looking at different communities to retire. Huntington, WV is near the top of the list.

My wife is Filipino and I was just wondering if anyone new if there were other Filipinos in the Huntington area. I can't find any indication that there are, but usually were there is a hospital there are at least a couple of Filipino nurses or doctors

It is not critical to our decision of were to settle, but it would help us weigh our options.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 04:58 AM

4,952 posts, read 8,946,075 times
My brother went to school here with some people who were Filipino and they are still in the area. The guy that my brother went to school with is actually a dentist here now. Very nice family. There are also some doctors at the hospital I work at who are Filipino or of Filipino decent as well. Can't comment much other than that. I hope this helps.
Tim

Old 07-02-2007, 06:02 AM

4 posts, read 43,266 times
Default Thanks Tim

Tim,

Thanks for the help.

Ed

Old 09-10-2007, 02:52 PM

2 posts, read 8,510 times
Default Filipino around WV?

I'm a Filipino and just moved here in Bridgeport, just wondering if there are also filipinos living around here pls.send me an email directly , Thanks.

Last edited by kellymad; 09-10-2007 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-16-2007, 08:01 PM

1 posts, read 7,457 times
hi, im filipino and just moved in wheeling last month, im currently at WJU studying, pm me if u wanna hang out.... cheers!

Old 11-07-2008, 02:12 PM

6 posts, read 31,368 times
hi!am moving to west virginia soon from the Philippines.
Hope to meet some pinoys around!

see yah!

Old 11-07-2008, 02:29 PM

4,952 posts, read 8,946,075 times
Where are you moving to chef?

Old 11-08-2008, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Where are you moving to chef?
charleston. i'll be working for the Charleston Marriot Town Center.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:24 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,070,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Morrow View Post
My wife and I are looking at different communities to retire. Huntington, WV is near the top of the list.

My wife is Filipino and I was just wondering if anyone new if there were other Filipinos in the Huntington area. I can't find any indication that there are, but usually were there is a hospital there are at least a couple of Filipino nurses or doctors

It is not critical to our decision of were to settle, but it would help us weigh our options.

Thanks
Hi Ed, i have a little bit of information on the Filipino community in the Charleston/ Huntington area.

KVPTC- Kanawha Valley Physical Therapy Center in Dunbar is run by Dr. Ferdinand Sorongon. I believe he is of Cebuana decent in the southern island region of Philipines in Cebu City. He activly recruits out of the Philipines for his staff. I lived next door to several of his physical therapists after college and even dated a girl from Cebu City for about 6 months before she moved to Florida.

Dr. Jaime Lazaro in Huntington is of Filipino decent. I am friends with daughter Jennifer who recently moved to Mink Shoals.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:35 AM

basically, there aren't much filipinos in wv?
but do you think a newbie like me,
"fresh off the boat" will fit in in west virginia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington