Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2013, 10:28 PM

296 posts, read 694,213 times

Advertisements

Installation of traffic signal at Balch and Capshaw is underway. I am pretty surprised by addition of light with no work to add westbound left turn lane. I can't find any stories on al.com or on this site. Can anyone point me to information about this light?

thanks,

Marc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 09:28 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,594,346 times
That is strange. There was just a story recently about people calling for a light there.

See, Click, Fix: Lights at Capshaw, dents at Rees
Oct 01, 2013
See, Click, Fix: Lights at Capshaw, dents at Rees | News | North Huntsville News
See, Click, Fix: Lights at Capshaw, dents at Rees - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Just the application for a traffic light normally takes over 4 months. Of course a politician could have lit a fire at the ADOT and shortened the process.

Signal Permit Application Process
Typical Time Required for Complete Approval Process: 18 - 22 weeks

Traffic Signal Design Guide & Timing Manual
http://www.dot.state.al.us/dsweb/Tra...nual122007.pdf

Old 10-20-2013, 07:43 PM

Thanks for the info and links. We just have the stand going across Capshaw; we may still be months from a new light. Of course, without a left turn lane; they are creating a new problem to fix the old problem.

Marc

Old 10-24-2013, 02:53 PM

329 posts, read 512,190 times
All of Capshaw\Old Monrovia from County Line\Old Railroad Bend to that Providence school needs to be widened to 4 lanes. Just another example of infrastructure not keeping up with development.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:49 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,036,806 times
Don't worry, development will slow down. Becuase infrastructure will not catch up right now. It won't even try.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingsoc75 View Post
All of Capshaw\Old Monrovia from County Line\Old Railroad Bend to that Providence school needs to be widened to 4 lanes. Just another example of infrastructure not keeping up with development.
I agree; and, to help pay for it, they should install a toll booth at ORB to get Limestone County residents to pay their fare share. There are plenty of State and Federal roads that they can take if they don't want to pay a toll on Capshaw.

Marc

Old 10-26-2013, 09:30 AM

2,454 posts, read 3,217,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc45002 View Post
I agree; and, to help pay for it, they should install a toll booth at ORB to get Limestone County residents to pay their fare share. There are plenty of State and Federal roads that they can take if they don't want to pay a toll on Capshaw.

Marc

Ever think that those Limestone County residents are driving in to shop, dine, etc., thus paying taxes that support those roads? Besides as a resident of Limestone County and Huntsville, I pay my share of taxes.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:05 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,268,242 times
Huntsville City residents in Limestone County pays a HIGHER property tax than Huntsville city residents in Madison County. And they actually get LESS in services, etc.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:44 PM

2,454 posts, read 3,217,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
Huntsville City residents in Limestone County pays a HIGHER property tax than Huntsville city residents in Madison County. And they actually get LESS in services, etc.
I've seen you make this statement about the services a couple of times now and am curious as to what services we are not receiving. Not being argumentative, just curious. We've lived here for over 5 years and while I have some opinions on the quality of service, I can't think of anything that we are actually missing, except maybe mosquito spraying, which I think is more of a county service rather than city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area