Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 10:16 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,791,538 times

Advertisements

Well, I think we've ruled out the house in Ashbury. One issue was the size of the shower stall( way too small) and the other is that we confirmed with the on site agent(Paul I think) that DSL is the only internet service in that phase.

We are still considering bridgewater but we hit a wrinkle over the weekend. We went to an entry level Benton subdivision in Meridianville called Brier Creek. They have 1700 sqft houses in our price, and one is already built. For a similar price, the Benton is nicer. The only real complaint is the small walk in closet in the master. Its small compared to most Breland Plans.

Decisions decisions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 10:58 AM

2,454 posts, read 3,217,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
Well, I think we've ruled out the house in Ashbury. One issue was the size of the shower stall( way too small) and the other is that we confirmed with the on site agent(Paul I think) that DSL is the only internet service in that phase.

We are still considering bridgewater but we hit a wrinkle over the weekend. We went to an entry level Benton subdivision in Meridianville called Brier Creek. They have 1700 sqft houses in our price, and one is already built. For a similar price, the Benton is nicer. The only real complaint is the small walk in closet in the master. Its small compared to most Breland Plans.

Decisions decisions...
I would expect that DSL is your only option in Bridgewater, too.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
I would expect that DSL is your only option in Bridgewater, too.
According to the site agent, knology (wow) is an option.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:16 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,208,818 times
Quote:
Verify for yourself...on-site agents are notorious for saying anything to get a sale.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:17 AM

2,454 posts, read 3,217,413 times
Quote:
Interesting. If you are serious about bridgewater, I would confirm that outside of the agent. I'm just on the other side of the tree line. Knology was supposed to be our cable provider, too. They kept pushing back the timeline until eventually they decided to not provide service.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:56 AM

I plan on verifying.

I noticed that the first phase of bridgewater has all dishes. The second phase I noticed some have dishes some don't,

Old 02-10-2014, 07:34 PM

493 posts, read 713,613 times
Default 113 Bramble Creek Drive

Quote:

Decisions decisions...
Beverly Neel= 113 Bramble Creek Drive

This is the one you are talking about in Briercreek. Love it! It has granite countertops/large island in kitchen AND tile backsplash for only $157,000 even. Breland does have a couple neighborhoods with homes in the 150K range that have granite as a standard feature but those do not also come with a tile backsplash as this one has. I also see hardwood floors and crown molding in all the main rooms and crown in the master as well. It also already has a privacy fence installed and sprinkler system. Very nice home for $157,000. Of course it's priced at $157,000 because it's out in Meridianville which would be too far away for me. Jeff Benton was building these same plans in the City of Madison in CHELSEA PARK off of Balch Road but those started in the 170K price range because they were in the City of Madison. Chelsea Park sold out very quickly- New homes in the 170's in the City of Madison would also be an excellent value for a Jeff Benton product. I don't think Jeff Benton Homes are up to par with Woodland, Stoneridge, and Pearson but Benton seems to have a good product especially for the homes he has that are under 200K. Some of the Benton plans in Chelsea Park did also go above 200K but there were several that sold for less than that.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:38 PM

Default 113 Bramble Creek Drive, Briercreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by needtosellmyhome View Post
Beverly Neel=

This is the one you are talking about in Briercreek. Love it! It has granite countertops/large island in kitchen AND tile backsplash for only $157,000 even. Breland does have a couple neighborhoods with homes in the 150K range that have granite as a standard feature but those do not also come with a tile backsplash as this one has. I also see hardwood floors and crown molding in all the main rooms and crown in the master as well. It also already has a privacy fence installed and sprinkler system. Very nice home for $157,000. Of course it's priced at $157,000 because it's out in Meridianville which would be too far away for me. Jeff Benton was building these same plans in the City of Madison in CHELSEA PARK off of Balch Road but those started in the 170K price range because they were in the City of Madison. Chelsea Park sold out very quickly- New homes in the 170's in the City of Madison would also be an excellent value for a Jeff Benton product. I don't think Jeff Benton Homes are up to par with Woodland, Stoneridge, and Pearson but Benton seems to have a good product especially for the homes he has that are under 200K. Some of the Benton plans in Chelsea Park did also go above 200K but there were several that sold for less than that.
The link posted as Beverly Neel who is the listing agent. The link "Beverly Neel" goes to the listing for 113 Bramble Creek Drive.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:21 PM

That isd the one we looked at. The 3 car garage home is close to price but the floor plan ius a little to closed in.

I don't care for travertine for backsdplash though.

I didn't know Benton was making sub 200k homes. I used to deliver paint to his homes 10 years ago and they were all 200k plus.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
That isd the one we looked at. The 3 car garage home is close to price but the floor plan ius a little to closed in.

I don't care for travertine for backsdplash though.

I didn't know Benton was making sub 200k homes. I used to deliver paint to his homes 10 years ago and they were all 200k plus.
Most brand new homes for 157K do not have any type of tile backsplash at all. A tile backsplash is nice because when it's just wall board there it can get stained with splatter from cooking, etc. and with tile when it gets dirty it can be cleaned off.

Jeff Benton has been in business since 1985 just two years short of 30 years. In the mid-late 1990's I looked at a lot of his homes and he was really cutting corners on his homes back then as was Breland back then. They were finishing out some of their homes as cheaply as they could.

The new Jeff Benton Homes and new Breland Homes are much nicer than what they were in the mid-late 1990's.

Jeff Benton's homes now span a very large price range. He has the ones in the 150K range that we're talking about now and he also has built some homes more recently that were all the way up at 500K in McMullen Cove which is an exclusive, master planned community in the Gurley area not far past Hampton Cove. I don't care for the location of McMullen Cove but there are some very fine homes in there and the neighborhood has or will have a lot of amenities. They have a pool and cabana now but Enfinger Development was also planning on building a huge 25,000 square foot clubhouse with a heated indoor pool for McMullen Cove but that may never happen.....it seems Enfinger development isn't what it used to be. McMullen Cove does have the hiking trails adjacent to it though and a large outdoor pool so it does have some nice amenities now but not the 25,000 square foot clubhouse that Enfinger has promised his residents there for the past 7 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area