Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2018, 10:53 AM

12,977 posts, read 9,501,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznDreamer View Post
Much needed Hughes road widening also in plan:

https://www.madisonal.gov/DocumentCe...JCHa1k417ma13A
It's definitely much needed. Any idea when it'll get started? The construction will cause some major hangups though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2018, 03:05 PM

117 posts, read 314,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
It's definitely much needed. Any idea when it'll get started? The construction will cause some major hangups though.
Not so sure when, but they are holding a public meeting regarding to these two road improvements on December 12th, 5:30~7:00 pm at Madison city hall.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:44 PM

653 posts, read 589,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Probably the biggest benefit to roundabouts is they are far safer than regular 4 way intersections. There isn't a red light for people to run and go perpendicularly into an intersection resulting in high speed collisions. The roundabout is directly in front of all incoming traffic so most everyone sees it and slows down. When there are collisions, they are generally at slower speed and result in far less injuries.
Good point, one that I hadn't considered.

Old 12-14-2018, 12:49 PM

156 posts, read 177,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post
AU HSV mentioned some hints that something major could be coming to the old coca cola site. Hopefully that.

Speaking of the Mayor's address, the amphitheater shown in his slide show was pretty interesting. Random picture used or something more?
http://www.midcityhuntsville.com/wp-..._SITE_PLAN.pdf

It looks like MidCity has updated their site plan to include the more ambitious Amphitheater we saw in the state of the city. The amphitheater before was a win for the city, but this makes it even better in my opinion.

The only other change I noticed is they removed the private school and replaced it with a generic "Block 18" title.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:00 PM

410 posts, read 696,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEL2HSV View Post

It looks like MidCity has updated their site plan to include the more ambitious Amphitheater we saw in the state of the city. The amphitheater before was a win for the city, but this makes it even better in my opinion.

The only other change I noticed is they removed the private school and replaced it with a generic "Block 18" title.
Wow, this is pretty amazing in my opinion. Huge commitment to live music by MidCity and/or Huntsville.
Hope it's officially announced soon!

Old 12-14-2018, 01:57 PM

198 posts, read 250,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post
Wow, this is pretty amazing in my opinion. Huge commitment to live music by MidCity and/or Huntsville.
Hope it's officially announced soon!
It will be announced in Jan! The designers knew we had to compete with Nashville/Atl to make the A Listers want to come specifically to Huntsville.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:44 PM

2,996 posts, read 3,580,465 times
Quote:

Wonder what becomes of the theater?
Also the Aloft is on the fast track relatively speaking. More site work has to be done but the 6 story hotel should be under construction by Spring.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:46 PM

152 posts, read 240,923 times
Quote:

So they’re still demolishing the movie theater?

Old 12-14-2018, 07:03 PM

Good news Sam and Greg's pizzeria will stay downtown. They will be moving to 116 South Side Sq.

Basically across the square from their current location. the building will be much larger with two floors and balcony seating in the loft.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogan View Post
So they’re still demolishing the movie theater?
at one time it was gonna be building 16A on the layout
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area