Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2019, 07:45 AM

583 posts, read 832,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Yes, it absolutely will be more attractive. There are several other hotels near the intersection of Wall Triana and Madison Blvd that are fairly new as well, so the new sports area should be well-covered for visitors. And oddly enough, I'll bet the new Duluth Trading Company store will attract a lot of those visitors too. They're building that store at the right time in the right place.

That's one reason that AlDoT really needs to get on the stick and upgrade 565.

If it's been posted, I missed it: Where is the Duluth TC going to be built and when is it supposed to open?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 07:53 AM

13,119 posts, read 9,679,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Wait until you see the reason for US 72 University Dr expansion excuse and the I-565 expansion schedule.
Totally unacceptable. Governor Ivey/Mayor Battle should be in contact with The President and director of Transportation. ALDOT is an obstacle and deterrent to progress to north Alabama unless forced to action.
We go eat dinner at the Cracker Barrel in Madison fairly frequently, and every time we're there just in normal situations the westbound traffic on 565 grinds to a total halt. And heaven forbid there's ever an accident ... things are tied up forever. I've been going west in the mornings, and it's the same way eastbound in from Decatur. With all the new businesses/plants between Huntsville and Decatur, it's going to get worse in a hurry. The Aldot answer is to make minor improvements to one interchange at Greenbrier Rd. That won't cut it.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
If it's been posted, I missed it: Where is the Duluth TC going to be built and when is it supposed to open?

Thanks,
It's under construction now and is easily seen from 565. If you're going east on 565, it's just past the Wall Triana interchange, on your right. Not sure when it'll open, but I'll guess sometime this summer.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:02 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,065,057 times
Quote:

That's one reason that AlDoT really needs to get on the stick and upgrade 565.
Those kids that will be playing on those fields will be grandparents before that happens.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:48 AM

3,013 posts, read 3,620,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick In Madison View Post
https://whnt.com/2019/02/21/engineer...ee-years-away/

Estimates as early as 2022 for the expansion of HWY 72 west to County Line Road.

Figure right of way challenges and ALDOT's complete incompetence; 2025 is my guess if things go well. Of coarse there's always ALDOT's Bridge to Nowhere projects; Joseph Emerson: A local perspective on ALDOT, Pleasure Island and the Bridge to Nowhere - Alabama Today
This is just a game for aldot, they get great amusement seeing how they can dangle the carrot and see the reaction.
Imagine if the city had not implemented Restore our Roads program. Probably pissed off some good ole boys at aldot so now they are punishing Huntsville for making them look bad. To add insult they will dump tremendous amount of cash into feasibility studies on roads that wont be built. Mobile also gets the shaft, now the long planned Bay Bridge may end up being a $6 dollar or more toll. I wish Toyota Mazda had made one of their requirements an expanded I-565. What would the state do? This is what a proactive highway department does: This from Wikipedia regarding Chattanooga/I-75 and Volkswagen,

"During one of these projects, a new interchange was constructed in 2006 to provide access to the Enterprise South Industrial Park, which at that time was in the process of redevelopment. This interchange, which became exit 9, now provides access to the Volkswagen Chattanooga Assembly Plant, and was not opened until 2010. A segment of SR 317 was later routed onto a concurrency of I-75 between exit 11 and this interchange. Exit 9 was designated as the Bredesen-Ramsey Interchange in 2015 in honor of the efforts of then-governor Phil Bredesen and county mayor Claude Ramsey to bring Volkswagen to Chattanooga. The last of these projects, which began on November 8, 2007, widened I-75 from approximately milepost 10 to milepost 13, just north of the interchange of US 11/64, and included reconstruction of this interchange, including the addition of a loop ramp, and improvements on this road.This project was completed on August 12, 2010, four months ahead of schedule. Future plans include widening I-75 further north.

Old 02-22-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Blue View Post
Those kids that will be playing on those fields will be grandparents before that happens.
Absolutely.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
It's under construction now and is easily seen from 565. If you're going east on 565, it's just past the Wall Triana interchange, on your right. Not sure when it'll open, but I'll guess sometime this summer.

I live in TN. The last time I was in Madison was a year or so ago.

So it's going in at the old Intergraph campus area?

Old 02-22-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I live in TN. The last time I was in Madison was a year or so ago.

So it's going in at the old Intergraph campus area?
Yes, that's correct. It will essentially back up to I-565, but the access is via curvy road that runs in front of it. It's the same road that goes by the Madison Golf Center and the new Intergraph building, if that helps. I don't know the name of the street. If it's been a year since you've been here, you won't recognize the area.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:12 PM

Yea, the last time was there, all the Intergraph buildings were gone and there were mountains of debris from the torn down buildings.

Still can't believe we're getting a Duluth.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Yea, the last time was there, all the Intergraph buildings were gone and there were mountains of debris from the torn down buildings.

Still can't believe we're getting a Duluth.
I believe they said it's the first one south of Louisville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area