Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 10:03 AM

29 posts, read 47,204 times

Advertisements

So they didn’t pick up in our neighborhood last week or at least didn’t pick mine up... leave the thing out indefinitely? Wait another month? Now I’m stuck with a bunch of garbage I can’t do anything with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2019, 07:29 PM

29 posts, read 47,204 times
Apparently I put it out in the wrong week! Sorry to slander RANA this was my fault and apparently others in the neighborhood saw mine out and followed suit.

Old 11-12-2019, 07:34 PM

23,597 posts, read 70,412,676 times
Admitting mistakes is a class act in my book. Interesting that others followed suit. There is a teaching in there somewhere.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:01 PM

609 posts, read 529,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_knows_42 View Post
Apparently I put it out in the wrong week! Sorry to slander RANA this was my fault and apparently others in the neighborhood saw mine out and followed suit.
I wondered if that might be the case. Our pickup is second Thursday and it’s as late as it can possibly be this month.

Old 11-13-2019, 07:03 AM

271 posts, read 294,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_knows_42 View Post

I get an e-mail reminder directly from RANA the day prior the week of my pick up...I also scheduled my personal e-mail calendar to remind me every 4th Thursday of the week in my case.

Old 11-13-2019, 01:30 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teko03 View Post
I get an e-mail reminder directly from RANA the day prior the week of my pick up...I also scheduled my personal e-mail calendar to remind me every 4th Thursday of the week in my case.
Yes, I've gotten an email reminder every month so far (which has only been 2 pickups for me). Hopefully the reminders will continue.

Old 11-14-2019, 12:56 PM

170 posts, read 140,297 times
The new recycling has resulted in about 50% of our recyclables going into the landfill because our recycling can is full half way through the month. So, once it's full, recyclables go in the regular garbage.

Old 11-14-2019, 02:47 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
The new recycling has resulted in about 50% of our recyclables going into the landfill because our recycling can is full half way through the month. So, once it's full, recyclables go in the regular garbage.
There are only two of us in the household now and our recycle cart is full each time. I can imagine that a family with two or more kids would need at least two carts ... but where would you put them?

A two-week pickup schedule would be better, but then I suppose we can't really complain since it's a free service.

Old 11-15-2019, 04:05 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,593,158 times
I contacted RANA about whether obtaining a second cart was possible. Here is there response:
Quote:
Thank you for contacting Recycling Alliance of North Alabama. We are thrilled that you’re excited about the program and would like another cart. We are working out the details for this option and will publish information on our website in the near future.

In the meantime, please ensure that you are only placing quality recyclables in your cart. We only accept #1 and #2 Plastic Narrow Neck Bottles, mixed paper, aluminum and steel food and beverage containers, broken down cardboard boxes.

Also, to save room, it is helpful if you will crush your bottles and cans prior to putting them in your cart

Old 11-17-2019, 09:03 AM

170 posts, read 140,297 times
I really don't want 2 carts. I already have my green hurby curby for regular trash and now the blue one in my garage. Don't want another one. A 2-week schedule is what we need.

I doubt the service is "free". I figured it was part of the garbage collection fee. Maybe taxes pay for it, I don't know.

Anyway right now about half my recyclables are going in the land fill because the blue hurby curby gets full half way through the month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area