Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2015, 07:15 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,047 times

Advertisements

Looking for some ideas. Long story short, Just before selling our Santa Fe to a buyer, we had a chip in our windshield that we wanted to fix. We followed the recommendation from our insurance company and scheduled for our windshield to be replaced. Two days after we have had torential rains down in florida and my wife noticed her drivers carpet was wet. Took it back to the windshield people and they said that they could not find a leak after doing a water test. Took it back home and over the weekend with more rain I found evidence of water trickiling down from behind the dash along the parking break to the floor. Took it back to the windshield people who once again did a water test and feel that the water issue is coming from the sun roof. Today we brought it to the dealer and they told us that they have found no evidence of the sun roof leaking. Its a 2007 santa fe with 50k miles. Not sure where to go from here.
Its not a leak that happens just by squirting some water on the car. It can take a few minutes or longer of heavy rain before I see water coming into the car from behind the dash. Its not just a little water, the carpet gets quite soaked and the passenger side gets wet as well the longer it rains. We just went through 4-5 days of rain down here. Problem is, now that the weather has cleared up it will be the next good rain before we see if its still leaking.. Sorry for the long story... Frustration to the max..Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 10:36 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,497,029 times
Just wait until the next hard rain and video tape the leaking in progress.

Can you simulate a storm by going through a car wash?

Old 08-08-2015, 11:55 AM

Yes, I have pictures of the water coming down behind the dash. They are not denieing its coming down behind the dash.. They say its coming from the moon roof drain. Update I just got it back from the dealer. They did a leak test on the moon roof and they found no leaks and said all drains from the moon roof are working fine. They ran it through their car wash and after a good rain storm saw it leaking and say its from the windshield as well. Now its back to the windshield people. Thanks for your input and help.

Old 08-13-2015, 07:03 PM

Final post. I just got back from the insurance recommended windshield company. There was a new manager at the place that was very accommodating. He replaced the windshield and asked us to get back to him if the leak had stopped due to the new windshield being installed. He told me that he would take my word if it had taken care of my leak and then he would reimburse me for the sunroof inspection that I paid for at the dealer. I hope this will be my last time posting here..Thanks Charlygal for your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia