Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 08:21 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,933,703 times

Advertisements

MSR would you mind giving us the color? I spend time on Craiglist and other sites helping others with missing and lost pets. I will pass your information on to a few others who do the same.

Wishing you all the best this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 10:09 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,435,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
MSR would you mind giving us the color? I spend time on Craiglist and other sites helping others with missing and lost pets. I will pass your information on to a few others who do the same.

Wishing you all the best this week.
I'm happy to give you a little info. I can send a PM with more detailed info. I just don't have the time to get ready to see the surgeons and read everything.

She is butterscotch with a white tuft of hair on her head.

MSR

Old 04-27-2014, 10:28 AM

Default I Just Talked With a Deputy!

I had to end that info as the Deputy from Bonneville County called me. As we went through some info, he very politely asked me if I knew someone. I said yes that we were related and the person he asked about is married to an FBI agent.

That helped as he knew the area immediately and a lot more. He was very nice and I'm glad I was able to talk to him.

I don't expect a miracle outcome but he agreed with all of you who encouraged me to call law enforcement and open a case. Everyone is relieved she has a chip, but also agrees those who are stealing dogs aren't scanning for chips.

It seemed to matter to the Deputies (I've talked to 2 this a.m.) that my Cocker was living, playing, sleeping and spending her entire time with 2 other canines, yet she is the only one missing.

I promised the Deputy I'd email the FBI agent's family so to update the person he knew. I said I hoped they didn't need the FBI in 8B, but also gave him the contact info if he ever needed help from Quantico. Maybe in the long run someone else can be helped by some I know or am related to.

I'll be back a little later. I've got to do a couple of things that can't wait.

Thank you all for your kind wishes and suggestions. I sincerely appreciate them, including you too, Suzy

MSR

Old 04-27-2014, 10:56 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,664,614 times
All my best wishes for the recovery of your dog-buddy, and for your surgery. Sometimes trials and tribulations come in bunches, and we just have to keep our fingers crossed that all will come out well in the end. It sounds as if you're doing all the right things--who knows, maybe you can help bust a ring of dog snatchers...

Sending good thoughts your way, MSR.

Old 04-27-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
All my best wishes for the recovery of your dog-buddy, and for your surgery. Sometimes trials and tribulations come in bunches, and we just have to keep our fingers crossed that all will come out well in the end. It sounds as if you're doing all the right things--who knows, maybe you can help bust a ring of dog snatchers...

Sending good thoughts your way, MSR.
Thanks, CFF. I better get use to seeing that seven letter word (surgery), but unless imaging shows something too dangerous to leave as is, surgery should be down the road.

There are 274 injuries/year in the U.S. Of the 274, less than 1% go to surgery. However, conservative therapy hasn't worked. These are injuries Neurosurgeons hate. Probably not even 1% of NS will touch them. I feel very, very fortunate that two are willing to offer their view of what can be done. At least I don't have to go to Pittsburgh as was on the plan at one time.

I know the subject matter and options. These will be appts to find out how each NS would propose approaching this surgically and the risks, which can be significant.

I appreciate all the good thoughts sent my way.

I hope the animal control officers and others can make progress while I'm away. If nothing else, maybe the dog natchings will stop given the news and some active questioning of a few people.

Thanks

MSR

Old 04-28-2014, 12:12 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,253,094 times
A little late. Best of luck MSR with NS appointments. Good thoughts sent your way.
Hopefully better news regarding your dog also.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:28 AM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,185 times
MRS, very glad that you decided to speak with law enforcement. If people don't report it, LE has no idea how big of a problem (and how growing of a problem) this is becoming in this region. I hope you find pup. I know how important they in so many people's lives.

Thinking of you during this time and best of luck with your medical issues.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:55 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,664,614 times
MSR, sorry to have jumped to conclusions about the S-word! No, we don't want to go there unless we have to! So best wishes for your journey through the NS maze. And let us know how things are, with yourself, as well as your dog.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:21 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone for your messages. I really do appreciate them A special thanks to 3 Shepherds for the PM and helping me look for my Cocker Spaniel I had to fax some papers about her and I'd be lying if I said anything about that was easy.

This is to unreal to believe. I hate shopping but needed to get something in person. So I forced myself to go to a mall. Wouldn't you know it, the power went out!!!! So I decided to post this amidst the strobes and darkness.
My lucky streak continues

I'll simply say the medical appts. have taken their toil on me. I laughed yesterday at the flawed thinking of an NP who saw me. I don't laugh at medical appts., but one of her thoughts was soooooooooo far out there and anatomically impossible I had to laugh I told her my experience. DUH

Today, let's just say I made life difficult for a couple of Depts. They have finally stopped calling me from the Chairman's office and others.

To be fair, the NP did have one idea that if I could tolerate the medical treatment may prevent the need for a surgery. I told her to call my MY MD, a Triple Board and explain her thinking to him, as well as why I didn't get to see a Neurosurgeon.

That's more than enough about me. I'm not through traveling or seeing Neurosurgeons yet. I miss E. Idaho!

I hope progress is being made on the dog thieves!

MSR

Old 04-30-2014, 09:43 PM

Cool Parking Lot

For anyone bored enough to be following this, once we could go outside (power outage in the mall above), I couldn't remember where I parked. After about 20 min. I found it.

This experience didn't improve my overall feeling about shopping.

I had to guess where streets were open. Glad to have my phone charging and light again!

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls