Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 12:37 PM

674 posts, read 1,459,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
If you want to continue the Obama agenda to destroy America, Minnick is your man as he will vote mostly with the dems. If you're not happy with the direction the dems have taken us, then you have your answer.
Lol.

The Bush agenda was so much better.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:06 AM

516 posts, read 375,877 times
Yes, it was.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:04 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,840,763 times
Let's get back to our candidates in IDAHO...'cause a LOT of us in Idaho don't like either major party so that's not necessarily the issue here...but we still have a couple choices to make...

Old 10-28-2010, 03:31 PM

Fine. Vote for Minnick and you are voting to continue the obama agenda. Vote Labrador if you want to add one more NO to the chorus. Simple as that.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:57 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,364,703 times
I am still undecided in this particular race. I like some of what Minnick has done, some I don't.

Minnick did beat a crazy embarrassement to Idaho in the last election, Sali, which was a very good thing. Sali always disgusted me when he was in office, his childless ways, skipping out on important hearings in DC, his sloppy appearance, he disgusted many Idahoan's. If Labrador is anything like Sali then please don't vote for him.

For the record I am neither Democrat or Republican, I tend to support the best candidate. And I support more wilderness in the state with concessions for people who like to use the trails for ATV's and Mountain Bikes.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:45 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,027,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Minnick would make it interesting if he resigned from the Democratic party and ran as an independant.
Good point. And you have to wonder if there isn't a trend towards this coming in the future. Lieberman, of course, was successful but even if they don't win this year look at Crist (FL), Tancredo (CO) and Murkowski (AK).

Minnick certainly could argue he is an independent and wouldn't have to deal with the baggage of voting for Pelosi.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:11 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,170,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
I've also heard he voted with Republicans 78% of the time. I think it comes down to the fact that almost every bill the legislature votes on is procedureal, and deals with revising this line in this statute an are usually pretty inconsequential. When I interned for the state Senate I had to tally votes on every single bill, almost every single bill was a 35-0 vote. There were literally maybe 15 bills out of a few hundred that split on party lines. I suppose the federal congress is much the same way. So he could have voted with the Democrats 70% of the time and Republicans over 70% of the time as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
I tried doing the math
I swear I am giving up the bong after that
Maybe he was for the bill before he was against it.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:05 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
I am still undecided in this particular race. I like some of what Minnick has done, some I don't.

Minnick did beat a crazy embarrassement to Idaho in the last election, Sali, which was a very good thing. Sali always disgusted me when he was in office, his childless ways, skipping out on important hearings in DC, his sloppy appearance, he disgusted many Idahoan's. If Labrador is anything like Sali then please don't vote for him.

How do we know if he is or isn't like Sali?? This is the problem with some candidates we have never heard of them and then they are running for office and you have one your no sure you want any more and a "Newbie"

Just hoping we are not so angry we vote out the good and put in people who either don't have a clue or just a pawn for the administration.

Sheriff Joe supports Labrador, NRA supports Minnick, what is wrong with this picture.

Where is Minnick on immigration issues and what's Labrador's issues with the 2nd Amendment does any one know?

Old 10-30-2010, 12:30 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
How do we know if he is or isn't like Sali?? This is the problem with some candidates we have never heard of them and then they are running for office and you have one your no sure you want any more and a "Newbie"

Just hoping we are not so angry we vote out the good and put in people who either don't have a clue or just a pawn for the administration.

Sheriff Joe supports Labrador, NRA supports Minnick, what is wrong with this picture.

Where is Minnick on immigration issues and what's Labrador's issues with the 2nd Amendment does any one know?
People knew Sali was a nut. He won because he was in a six way race in the 2006 primary. He only got 28% of the vote. The other less nutty candidates split the vote and Sali was able to get a small plurality to get the nomination. Then he won the general because he was a Republican in a Republican district.

Labrador actually used to be pretty leftist on immigration. There was a quote when he was talking to the City Club of Boise when he said something to the effect of, and I'm paraphrasing here "Immigration is the only issue people could call me Far Left on". He comes from a district in Idaho where the United Dairymen are pretty big, and they support open borders. He got plenty of money from them. Obviously to gain statewide and national GOP support he did a huge flip-flop, and has now adopted a tough stance on immigration.

I think the NRA endorsed Minnick because he is one of their token Democrats, so they can appear non-partisan, like when the Tea Party Express initially endorsed him, before he turned them down. I don't think Labrador has any gun control issues. Almost every pol is Idaho, Dem or Rep, is pro-gun religiously.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:34 AM

Who says Sali was a "nut" other than dems?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: