Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 08:25 PM

7,380 posts, read 12,670,445 times

Advertisements

What happened with the recall?

Here's a slice of newsworthy items as reported by AP:
Here is the latest Idaho news from The Associated Press - KHQ Right Now - News and Weather for Spokane and North Idaho |

Texting while driving is going to be illegal from July, but dialing while driving is not...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 09:28 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,974 times
Oh it is in the paper daily. Articles, letters to the editor, MyTurn, all kinds of hoopla over the recall.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:31 PM

Default Potlatch to become a center for gun manufacturers?

Big plans for Potlatch!

Idaho town wants gun-themed development - Spokesman.com - April 30, 2012

Quote:
Potlatch, Idaho – a former timber town tucked up against the Clearwater National Forest – hopes to use its history and culture to recruit a new kind of business: gun manufacturers.
The city plans to advertise its old mill site as an ideal location for firearms-related manufacturing and other outdoor recreation companies. There’s even room for a gun- or hunting-themed shops and residential development.
“Idaho is a firearms friendly state,” said David Brown, mayor of Potlatch, which has 804 residents. “I realize that it will take some time and money to happen, but it’s a beautiful dream and I believe so strongly that it will happen.”

Old 05-06-2012, 05:06 PM

Last year a woman in Hope offered to give two young hitchhikers a ride, and got beaten half to death for her kindness. Now the first of the boys has stood trial: 15 years in adult prison. Neither of the boys was local, by the way--they came from a reform school in Troy.

I talked with a friend of the victim last year, and she told a hair-raising story of brutality and callousness. The article doesn't even begin to convey the horror of it, but one sentence caught my eye:

Quote:
As Gadman sat in the front seat of her vehicle, Martin used his arm to choke her into unconsciousness from the back seat. When she came to, Martin had wrapped a rope around her neck and landed blows to Gadman’s face. She was also hit repeatedly with a glass bottle on the crown of her head until the container shattered.
“I believed that I was going to die,” Gadman said in her statement to the court.
But Gadman managed to break Martin’s grip, unlatch the door handle and escape the vehicle. Martin and Dittrich then threw large rocks as she crawled away, one of which shattered her right wrist. A bruised and lacerated Gadman stood, faced her assailants and screamed for help.
Martin and Dittrich fled, but were apprehended in a law-enforcement dragnet.
She stood up, faced her assailants and screamed. That's courage! What a remarkable woman. I hope she recovers fully.

Teen sentenced to prison for attack - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News: sandpoint, hope, bonner county, joseph john martin, vera gadman

Old 05-19-2012, 09:26 AM

Interesting news for North Idaho commuters as well as Idaho visitors! Proposed express bus lines to connect Sandpoint to Priest River , Newport and Spokane! Another proposal is a bus line all the way from from Bonners Ferry via Coeur d'Alene to Boise.
Transportation proposals aim to link cities - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News: sandpoint, bonner county, district 1, community transportation association of idaho, intercity bus route

Old 05-21-2012, 12:46 AM

37 posts, read 81,891 times
I wish they would bring back the NICE bus, that went from Sandpoint to the college in Coeur d'Alene.

Last edited by Chamoisee; 05-21-2012 at 12:49 AM.. Reason: clarity

Old 05-24-2012, 04:15 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,744,831 times
Grizzly sow and cub found shot to death in Boundary County:

Reward Offered for Information about Grizzly and Cub Shot in Boundary County — Idaho Conservation League

Old 05-25-2012, 12:42 AM

37 posts, read 81,891 times
It cannot be hard to find the perpetrator who did that. The guys who do that sort of stuff are incapable of not bragging about it.... Maybe I could pay off my student loans, hmm.....

Old 05-31-2012, 09:55 AM

Default Kidnapped man escapes!

What a strange story, unfolding from Montana to Washington across the ID Panhandle:
Kidnapping victim escapes from car

Quote:
NEWPORT — In a made-for-television moment, a kidnapped man forced into the trunk of a car in Montana freed himself on a Pend Oreille County highway early Sunday, leading to two arrests.

Kenny J. Morrison, 29, and John M. Davis, 39, both of Columbia Falls, Mont., were arrested on charges of kidnapping, unlawful imprisonment, assault in the fourth degree, possession of methadone without a prescription and unlawful possession of a firearm.

At about 7:10 a.m., the motorist reported that while driving on Highway 2 near Pend Oreille County Park he and his wife saw the trunk of the vehicle in front of them pop open and a man begin waving his arms and yelling for help. The car quickly came to a stop and the man jumped out of the trunk and ran towards the witness’s vehicle, the man told police.
You'll have to read the rest yourselves!

Old 09-30-2012, 09:03 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,974 times
Default That was too close...

Man dies following shooting spree in Cd'A - Coeur d'Alene Press: Local News

So here we are taking a nice walk on the Centennial on a beautiful morning la-la-la. Suddenly hear and soon see two cops right behind a dinky little white car. Both my wife and I thought the driver was just oblivious and yakking on his cell but if he was being chased and did not pull over then he deserved to be shot. After they went by we lost count of how many others joined the chase. Then we knew it was serious. Later an ambulance went by and we looked at each other, "see I told ya someone was going ot get shot". After reading the story, he was randomly firing at pedestrians and back at the police pursuing him. We were no more than 30' from them when they zoomed by, WOW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho