Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2020, 04:07 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,901,395 times

Advertisements

If you don't wear a mask, you may get arrested, as of this recent Monday.

https://www.idahopress.com/boiseweek...cea81eb49.html

Starting Monday, the City of Boise Will Begin Enforcing Its Health Orders and Face Mask Mandate
Quote:
The police will be able to issue citations to or even arrest noncompliant individuals, and noncompliant businesses could face business license suspension for 10 days for the first offense, 20 days for the second and a full year revocation on the third offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2020, 09:05 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post

Starting Monday, the City of Boise Will Begin Enforcing Its Health Orders and Face Mask Mandate
It's coming soon to Idaho Falls.
The City Council is meeting today to determine the penalthe y structure for violating the mandate. Mask wearing isn't mandated here yet, but it will be once the misdemeanor law is structured and written.

I heard Pocatello is similar, and Rexburg is looking at much steeper penalties and actions.
Rexburg is in really bad shape right now. All the young college kids are infecting all the young residents who live and work there, and Rexburg doesn't have enough ICU units to treat the Covid victims. It's critical there.

EMT service throughout the Upper Valley is also being strained to the breaking point. With so few hospitals with the equipment, Covid victims must be transported from all over to Idaho Falls, the only city with enough facilities.
It's wearing the ambulances out and burning out the EMTs.

A single roundis trip can stack up 160 miles, with half of it carrying some poor person who's nearing death's door in the back. That's gotta take its toll on an EMT- they've been doing this for 8 months straight or more.

Old 11-25-2020, 01:20 PM

561 posts, read 437,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post

If I’m on public or government property (which we the people own) you cannot force me to do it. Private business I get, it’s their property and they have the right to ask for you to wear a face diaper or refuse you from entering, but public property? That is an emphatic, no, I’m not going do it. If you as an individual are so worried about catching ANY virus why not stay home and let the rest of us do what we want as free citizens? Oh I know why, politics and sheeple business as usual. But I digress.

Old 11-25-2020, 02:11 PM

5,586 posts, read 5,017,434 times
It's a matter now of public health safety that everyone wear a mask for protection. Works both ways.

Old 11-25-2020, 03:29 PM

561 posts, read 437,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
It's a matter now of public health safety that everyone wear a mask for protection. Works both ways.
For a virus that has an even lower real death rate than the flu? Where the only real danger is people with underlying health issues, weak immune systems and or co-morbidities? Where the vast VAST majority of these mask wearers are wearing them improperly, ones that aren’t medical grade that actually work or not wash any of these fake fashion or homemade cloth “masks” in a medical grade washing station? Or washed at all? It’s statements like “it’s for public safety” that we’ve had too much encroachment to our liberty and way too much regulation. Why is it the general public that suffers for the very few who are fearful? When did we decide that the minority rule the majority? But I won’t get in to it anymore since it’ll end up in the political sphere and I’d like to avoid being moderated, post removed or the topic closed. Oh and FYI, I had it and came out the other end without any trouble. So there’s that. . Enjoyed the discussion, perhaps we can continue it at another time. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-25-2020, 05:33 PM

6,358 posts, read 7,770,912 times
[mod note] Enough COVID/mask discussion. This is the "news" thread, (with very limited discussion). [/mod note]

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 11-26-2020, 08:38 AM

726 posts, read 329,128 times
Current news from nonpartisan, reliable sources such as worldometer show 268,439 American deaths from a total of 13,150,740 positive cases. That's a 2% death rate, which is 20 times the death rate of the flu, which is 0.1%.

Last edited by Boone1791; 11-26-2020 at 08:58 AM..

Old 12-03-2020, 08:29 AM

https://boisedev.com/news/2020/12/02...ehicles-homes/
Boise will require new homes to include circuit for electric cars

The City of Boise wants to make it easier for Boiseans to power electric vehicles in their homes.

On Tuesday, Boise City Council approved a new building code in the city requiring every newly constructed single-family home or townhouse with garages to have a higher voltage circuit. This allows the homeowner to install a charging station for their electric vehicle if they choose.

Old 03-24-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Torgue View Post
If I’m on public or government property (which we the people own) you cannot force me to do it. Private business I get, it’s their property and they have the right to ask for you to wear a face diaper or refuse you from entering, but public property? That is an emphatic, no, I’m not going do it. If you as an individual are so worried about catching ANY virus why not stay home and let the rest of us do what we want as free citizens? Oh I know why, politics and sheeple business as usual. But I digress.
You sound like the Idaho legislature and they've closed the session because of Covid outbreaks in the Statehouse.

Old 03-24-2021, 10:42 AM

https://www.idahopress.com/eyeonbois...674ba6b99.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho