Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2015, 12:21 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadbad2004 View Post
It's been great to breathe again in St Maries, it was getting bad until the cool and the rain came thru, most fires in the area are almost contained and all the evac notices have been dropped.
Good news. I was wondering how bad it was there earlier. it must have been pretty bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 10:43 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,902,437 times
Boise woman takes a stand for self-acceptance at public market

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLtoXoVIae0

Old 09-10-2015, 02:08 PM

742 posts, read 1,129,569 times
Well Butch, you lost yet another lawsuit:

Instant horse racing ban in effect, governor’s veto invalid; Les Bois ‘reviewing all of our options’ | Idaho Legislature | Idahostatesman.com

Old 09-11-2015, 03:44 PM

Latino Fest Boise 2015 | Saturday, Sept. 12 | Culture | Boise Weekly

According to the United States Census Bureau, Idaho's "Hispanic or Latino population" topped 11.8 percent in 2013. The Idaho Commission on Hispanic Affairs, however, puts that number at 12.02 percent, or 196,502 people.

The numbers don't lie: Latino and Hispanic communities in Idaho are vibrant and booming. To celebrate that fact—and in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, which begins Tuesday, Sept. 15—the Consulate of Mexico will host Latino Fest Boise 2015, bringing an evening of food, dance performances and music to the Basque Block.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:27 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Default Idaho NEEDS stricter children and animal abuse laws!

IDAHO needs to enforce and make stricter animal abuse laws!

Help find who did this........ Can't believe any human would do this......WHO DID THIS TO A PONY!

Are we all to be worried about our horses and such in pastures, what is happening!

Pony euthanized after being 'absolutely mutilated' | KSL.com

Old 09-11-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
IDAHO needs to enforce and make stricter animal abuse laws!

Help find who did this........ Can't believe any human would do this......WHO DID THIS TO A PONY!

Are we all to be worried about our horses and such in pastures, what is happening!

Pony euthanized after being 'absolutely mutilated' | KSL.com

The Minidoka County Sheriff's Office is on it. I would hope this is an isolated incident.

Reward money increases in abused pony case

Old 09-11-2015, 04:51 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,443,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
The Minidoka County Sheriff's Office is on it. I would hope this is an isolated incident.

I have a higher amount in reward money. When this story first broke over lst weekend, I didn't post it although I came very close. The reports were so graphic even I wanted to vomit. I'M glad it's been rewritten and posted.

People who do things as this shetland, named Patches, had done to it are thee ones with extreme symptoms and behaviors of those who will kill humans.

I hope the additional amount helps law enforcement find the person or people.

Reward for pony's abusers reaches $30,000 - KPVI News Channel 6

MSR

Old 09-11-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post

Me too this is so sick! Idaho has very limited abuse laws towards animals, time to change it.

From your article and I agree......"From the phone calls I've received from people, people are concerned that these people need to be brought to justice, I know people have made comments that if they catch the person that did this, they might not call us, so I hope the person, and persons involved in this will just come to law enforcement, before the public does find out,” said Minidoka County Sheriff Eric Snarr..

I personally hope someone takes the person(s) responsible into the wilderness and..........

Old 09-12-2015, 01:24 PM

7,383 posts, read 12,675,598 times
Couldn't even handle clicking on the links above...I hope Western justice prevails...

Anyway, here's news from Clark Fork! Not about fires this time. They're closing the Scotchman Peaks Trail for now because some hikers have gotten too chummy with the mountain goats:

Goat encounters dim out trail use - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News

Quote:
“The temporary closure is intended to allow time for the goats to find other sources of food beyond handouts provided by hikers and to reduce their willingness to approach humans,” Idaho Panhandle National Forests spokesman Jason Kirchner said in a news release.

The Scotchman Peak Trail, also known as Trail No. 65, leads to the 7,009-foot summit of Scotchman Peak, which is the tallest mountain in Bonner County. The trail offers expansive views of Lake Pend Oreille and frequent opportunities to see the resident herd of white-bearded steeplejacks.
However, the Forest Service said visitors to the trail have been enticing the goats to come close by offering food or even allow the goats to eat from their hands, which is causing goats to become habituated to humans and behave aggressively in an attempt to obtain human foods.

Old 09-14-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Couldn't even handle clicking on the links above...I hope Western justice prevails...

Anyway, here's news from Clark Fork! Not about fires this time. They're closing the Scotchman Peaks Trail for now because some hikers have gotten too chummy with the mountain goats:

Goat encounters dim out trail use - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News
Does make you wonder what happened to people and technology. We have gone from needing it to using it in stupid ways. They just closed a part of the Denver area for people doing selfies with bears. Notice the age......parents/college seems to be not teaching common sense these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho