Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2007, 04:02 PM

3 posts, read 10,432 times

Advertisements

Hello my name is Lonnie Bruhn, I'm new this forum so hello to all.

I am a nationally touring headlining comedian out of Portland, OR. I am in the planning stages of a national tour that I want to bring to small towns. I'm trying to find around five smaller cities within Idaho, and Orofino is one of the five I am interested in. I want to go to small towns because entertainment like this rarely reaches these areas.

I have two questions, Is there any bar, venue, theater, or hall in Orofino that could seat around 100 people or more that serves alcohol that could possible host an event like this? This is an adult show with adult language and content. It isn't a community event, we want it to be a fun night out for 21 and over audiences that could have a few drinks and a night of laughs?

[MOD CUT: Business solicitation removed]

Any help with possibilities and venue info would be greatly appreciated?

Thank you in advance
Lonnie Bruhn

Last edited by Sage of Sagle; 08-17-2007 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: Posts may not solicit business
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 08:37 PM

134 posts, read 604,046 times
I think the first question should be "Are there 100 people in Orofino who would go to an adult show with adult language and content?" ...

Old 08-18-2007, 11:55 AM

I'm really not sure what was cut because I put nothing in there about the the name of the tour, or any advertising link or info. I realize that this forum is not to meant for solicitation. So if someone could just help out by providing a few places that might be able to put on something like this that would be great.

You can even private message me if you like.

Also by adult show, I'm talking about the fact that most shows aren't clean shows. Anyone over 21 that has a few drinks in a bar setting should be able to handle this. It is R rated if you must put a lable on it.

I have done a show before in a tavern in Orofino, They didn't all seem like church going people.
LB

Old 08-19-2007, 10:08 PM

121 posts, read 738,259 times
The Peppertree in Idaho Falls used to have a great comedy night. I'm not sure if they still do it. You might give them a call. Most bars and clubs around here that used to have good entertainment have pretty much died over the past decade. I'm not sure why this is since they used to really pull in the crowds.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:54 PM

yeah, that is a great room, I think it is still being booked and I know the agent too but I can't step on his toes... Politics.

Thank you for your reply though.
LB

Old 10-04-2007, 02:46 PM

5 posts, read 18,578 times
Default Theater in a small town in Idaho

Lonnie,
I'm nowhere near Orofino, but I live in a small Idaho town with a theater that would be a perfect place for your tour. The Roxy was built in the late 1920s and ran as a theater until the 1980s. The building now belongs to the city of St. Anthony and leased by a non-profit foundation to be used as a community center. We have built a stage and put in new lighting.

Please consider us here in southeastern Idaho as you plan your tour

Cathy Koon
208-624-1548
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho