Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 03:46 PM

17 posts, read 23,509 times

Advertisements

Keep in mind we are seasoned wintered people and conservative, hunters, hard working etc. If people from there would comment that would be helpful on the pro's and con's of each. Thanks so much for the compliments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 05:35 PM

47 posts, read 202,707 times
3) NE Washington 2) N Idaho 1) NW Montana Prefer Missoula area (decent winters) less people around there too....N Idaho nice but it's beginning to blend too much with Spokane (about 500,000 population area)

Old 02-05-2013, 05:53 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,877,135 times
I'd probably go with NW MT. Being on the other side of the mountains it is sunnier and more arid.

I have to disagree with BryanN though. The Spokane-CDA-Post Falls-Hayden area IS all blending together. But there is a lot more to N Idaho than that little spot on the map. Lots of unblended areas to love!

Old 02-05-2013, 05:56 PM

294 posts, read 544,647 times
"Conservative" was one of the priorities. That does not describe Missoula. Maybe other parts of Montana but definitely not Missoula. Try Bozeman or Coeur d'Alene.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,668,019 times
My business depends on a certain mass of population, so I don't think any of these areas would work with me, unless Spokane is included in NE Washington. I also like the lack of state income tax in WA.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:19 AM

7,380 posts, read 12,673,025 times
The Land in the Middle...

Old 02-06-2013, 10:30 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
The Land in the Middle...
Kind of sounds like land of plenty .....you might not want to say too much

Old 02-06-2013, 01:19 PM

274 posts, read 472,004 times
As a person outside of Idaho who is also searching for my next chapter in life, I can say with all honesty that my search began in NW Washington and as I went through C-D Forums, I noticed how people who lived there talked about how much they hated the criminal elite, i.e. politicians who are in charge. Tales of scandal and corruption. If it had been one or two people that talked bad about it, I would have dismissed it, but it wasn't. I then head east, as heading west would have put me in the Pacific Ocean and none of those people say anything. NE Washington seemed to lean in the wrong direction for my taste, but the people seemed to like it there and that was a plus. But for some reason, I was drawn eastward towards Northern Idaho. I lurked on the forums for a few months, making a comment here or there, but mainly just seeing how the "natives" viewed their land and their leaders. I then got more involved with the forums. Contributing to the conversations and not just watching from the sidelines. I found that not only did Northern Idahoans love their surroundings, they were very friendly and cordial with the discussions and with helping people understand why they love it there. As for NW Montana, well, when you find the one that is perfect for you, do you continue the search? I didn't make it into the Montana forums.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:17 PM

349 posts, read 1,040,580 times
I choose North Idaho, due to great hunting and fishing here and mostly conservative. I do not call Washington conservative at all nor Missoula but Kalispell seems as conservative as here.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:11 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,668,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadbad2004 View Post
I choose North Idaho, due to great hunting and fishing here and mostly conservative. I do not call Washington conservative at all nor Missoula but Kalispell seems as conservative as here.
I'm sure you already know this but Washington IS conservative east of the Cascade crest, and even in some W. WA areas. Seattle/Tacoma/Everett/Bellevue still drive the population, and they lean liberal. I don't like it when WA is labled as a liberal state, even though the heavy Puget Sound population makes it seem so. Lesson: Washington State is more than the Puget Sound region. However, population overpowers everything else, thus, the problem for Eastern WA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho