Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 01:46 PM

88 posts, read 154,059 times

Advertisements

This thread is going nowhere !

Old 03-01-2014, 01:49 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,278,128 times
Specific to Idaho I would like to see us lead the way and get out of the marriage business lock, stock and barrel.

Old 03-01-2014, 04:15 PM

154 posts, read 310,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
Specific to Idaho I would like to see us lead the way and get out of the marriage business lock, stock and barrel.
Exactly, doesn't matter what your personal opinion is .gov has no business being involved in personal relationships. It blows my mind that people think it's acceptable that we have to go ask permission and get a license to get married...

Maybe we need a law that forces people to get a permit after the 3rd date... I mean how can we let people have that much freedom? next thing you know cats and dogs will be living together!

Old 03-01-2014, 04:26 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,749,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

But the same restaurant cannot turn away a couple with a small child. If the couple decides to stay and eat, despite whatever inconvenience their child presents to them, and to the other diners, there is nothing the restaurant owners can do about it.
Just have to say that restaurants can and do actually ban children.

No Kids Allowed: A Restaurant Bans Young Diners - Law Blog - WSJ

Old 03-01-2014, 06:36 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,201,046 times
Smile I agree with you Misty, I have seen it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
Just have to say that restaurants can and do actually ban children.

No Kids Allowed: A Restaurant Bans Young Diners - Law Blog - WSJ

This is very true. There have also been hotels that have banned children from wedding receptions. And
the couple usually have to explain the issue to their guests (usually the guests think that
its the couple that do not want children in their reception) I have seen this a couple of times.
I have also heard of friends complaining about homeschooling conferences, when they tell people,
"children are not welcomed" I think in the case of homeschooling conferences it is
because of additional cost, liability, etc. But, they do not even explain to their members
the why. So, I guess the children should go & sue them as well

There are plenty of LGBT websites with adds of businesses with either gay owners or others that cater to them. So, I do not understand when a gay couple insists on having their cake or whatever done by a business that they know fully well is Christian or even if they are not Christian but feel uncomfortable getting involved in such event. In the few cases, where the wedding cake, or the INN, or the photographer, why would a gay couple go to these businesses knowing full well. Why not go to the many gay businesses that place adds in their websites? And you patronize someone with similar beliefs.

I personally feel that if I have a business, I should be able to say no to whoever I do not want to do business with, be small children in my Diner, or small children at a wedding reception (don't get me wrong, I love children) or rowdy teenagers at a specific type of eating place, etc. And if I do not want to play the violin at your wedding reception, race car event or whatever event it is, it should also be my choice. And by not choosing to do business with you, it does not have to mean what you might think it means. Why should I be sued because of it I keep hearing tolerance, but the same group that screams tolerance is not very tolerant themselves.....

And I agree with Sage's post, why is it that if we do not agree with you, or you cannot convert us, then we are wrong. Where is the tolerance? And this can apply to any topic, from cooking, flying airplanes, religion, hobbies, politics, etc. etc..

Last edited by countrylv22; 03-01-2014 at 07:06 PM..

Old 03-01-2014, 06:42 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,201,046 times
Thumbs up I agree with Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
BF88,

This forum is for the mutual sharing of ideas, not just those that meet YOUR criteria for ideas that pass your approval.

This post helps me understand why you're struggling to maintain any level of decorum, but I have to insist that if you're going to keep posting in this thread that you bring up the level of your discourse considerably.

You have presented the Texas judge's ruling as the "end of the conversation", yet the SCOTUS only went 5-4 on this issue, and Scalia's dissent expressed the feeling of many Americans when he penned,
""It is one thing for a society to elect change; it is another for a court of law to impose change by adjudging those who oppose it hostes humani generis, enemies of the human race...declaring anyone opposed to same-sex marriage an enemy of human decency ... In the majority’s telling, this story is black-and-white: Hate your neighbor or come along with us."

It sounds to me like Scalia was also hearing the same sort of tone coming from people that you're giving off here. You just can't keep getting spun. It's not constructive.

EVERYONE posting in this thread needs to take note of this warning. Just because someone is not in agreement with gay marriage does not by default make them ignorant, uneducated, mean spirited, etc. It means they have a different opinion than you. That's it.

For this thread to stay open (and we're walking a tightrope here), civility first...or don't post.

I agree with Sage, especially the part in RED. Thank you Sage. It is an insult to people that if they do not agree with you, then by default they are ignorant, uneducated, mean spirited, uncool, etc. etc. etc. Where is the so called "tolerance"?

Old 03-01-2014, 06:48 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,749,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
My youngest brother married his partner this last December down in Salt Lake City when the ban was overturned. He and his ex wife have two young beautiful children who spend time with him and his new husband. I love my brother and he has my support as well as the rest of my families support. His ex wife supports him too in his decision because he and she are best friends.

I am looking forward to the day when other close people I know can get married at the Ada County Courthouse, or the Bonneville County Courthouse over in Idaho Falls, the grounds of the Sun Valley Resort, or wherever in Idaho.

Idaho is too great for hate.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:00 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,446,156 times
Default Link for Pride Foundation

I was looking for the Idaho Falls Organization, Breaking Boundaries, as I wanted to mention some of the impressive service this organization has given. The link took me back to the Northwest Homepage. Information for ID cities is under Idaho.

News & Events | Pride Foundation- LGBTQ Community Foundation

MSR

Old 03-01-2014, 07:06 PM

Default Where is Your First Post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo1950 View Post
This thread is going nowhere !
And what did you contribute cujo1950? Somehow I can't remember what you added and I would like to read it again.

Looking forward to your future contributions.

MSR

Old 03-01-2014, 07:18 PM

Default Non Discrimination or Equal Protection Link?

Is there an easy link someone could please add about the Non - Discrimination or Equal Protection? I'm having difficulty locating the basic information. It would be helpful, I think, to have a simplified version that someone anywhere in the state could read.

Thanks in advance to whoever posts this info.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho