Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 09:56 PM

5,585 posts, read 5,013,044 times

Advertisements

Looking for privacy...rural country living. Tired of traffic jams, paying more for less, long lines and having to wait wherever you go. Is this an automobile friendly state (which part?) with little or no stop and go driving, no traffic signals, I just want to enjoy the peace and quiet style of living instead of the San Francisco Bay Area in California that has gone down hill in my 28 years of living in SF and the rest of my life in the SF Bay area because problems of the city just went out further in the suburbs here. it's turning me into a 5150 The meds aren't working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 10:27 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,974 times
Good grief you do need a decompress. No smog crap, DMV lady smiles at you, you get served before you even get a chance to sit down, you can drive for a while and not see anyone, my town doesn't have a single redlight. You can go to Costco or be out of town in minutes. Plenty of snow in NID though, get a snowmobile.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
Good grief you do need a decompress. No smog crap, DMV lady smiles at you, you get served before you even get a chance to sit down, you can drive for a while and not see anyone, my town doesn't have a single redlight. You can go to Costco or be out of town in minutes. Plenty of snow in NID though, get a snowmobile.
You kiddin me? Does s uch a place exist? Where?
ND? Where? Idaho Grangeville?

Old 06-19-2014, 10:50 PM

We use NID as an acronym for North Idaho which is generally considered north of Lewiston, AKA panhandle. Lots of people and things to do near the main cities but you can get away from that in a real hurry. I have never been to Grangeville but I don't think it is very far from wilderness. I was totally serious about the DMV, it was a surreal moment when I walked in there.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
We use NID as an acronym for North Idaho which is generally considered north of Lewiston, AKA panhandle. Lots of people and things to do near the main cities but you can get away from that in a real hurry. I have never been to Grangeville but I don't think it is very far from wilderness. I was totally serious about the DMV, it was a surreal moment when I walked in there.
THANKS North Idaho.
Lewiston? Maybe Grangeville. I have to start somewhere.
I have had it with too many people and traffic. tired of getting nickel and dime to death with taxes or surcharges. Just want some peace n quiet now. I want privacy too. Less government involvement with the people and lots of open space to drive.
DMV here? If you go to the DMV in SF good luck you aren't kidding. Better off going to the one in Concord.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:13 PM

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I used to have to drive through the Sepulveda Pass on the 405 in LA area and it was insane. I know you feel like you want to do a 180 and go all out off grid and all tha jazz but in reality, it is nice to be near services and airports and the such. I must have been through Grangeville since it is on the 95 and I have driven it. City-data shows 3000 ish people and 3670 ft. elevation. Lewiston is like 30K people and 755 ft. el. Probably snows more in Grangeville due to elevation.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:21 PM

Quote:
I know EXACTLY how you feel. I used to have to drive through the Sepulveda Pass on the 405 in LA area and it was insane. I know you feel like you want to do a 180 and go all out off grid and all tha jazz but in reality, it is nice to be near services and airports and the such. I must have been through Grangeville since it is on the 95 and I have driven it. City-data shows 3000 ish people and 3670 ft. elevation. Lewiston is like 30K people and 755 ft. el. Probably snows more in Grangeville due to elevation.
Well in all of my let's say 50 years plus I have had no usage or purpose for an airport or more traffic signals popping up in my neighborhood where I must stop at every block and drive up maintenance costs on automobiles let alone the California smog laws that keeps going up in costs. Well you know if you are familiar with LA. Traffic here is worst now than down there.
"We gotta get outta of this place even if it's the last thing we ever do.
3,000 or less is better. Less is much better. Where I am now it used to be 5,500 now you can multiply that by at least 5 times.
Grangeville sounds good. The only amenties I need is a 24 hr. Fitness Health Club and a Costco.
I don't really want to have to deal with snow since the cars I have are not good in snow.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:31 PM

Well there is a Costco in Clarkston about 1 hour 1/2 from Grangeville

Old 06-19-2014, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Well there is a Costco in Clarkston about 1 hour 1/2 from Grangeville
yes that is probably what my friend told me about and went to. Clarkston? As long as it is within 1 hr. driving distance I'll be fine.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:37 PM

Clarkston WA and Lewiston ID touch each other
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho