Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 09:51 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,974 times

Advertisements

Cuz Post Falls is in the top ten if not THE most boring city in the entire state. Don't you read the news?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 10:06 PM

6,357 posts, read 7,768,830 times
News comes out of Post Falls???

Oh, yeah. Three years ago the trash truck accidentally knocked over the stop sign. Now I remember.

Sometimes 'boring' is okay.

- - -

No, really. For the same vintage, same square footage house in like neighborhoods, those in Post Falls are on the order of a couple tens of thousands less expensive. Can't figure out why.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:36 AM

820 posts, read 1,739,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
News comes out of Post Falls???

Oh, yeah. Three years ago the trash truck accidentally knocked over the stop sign. Now I remember.

Sometimes 'boring' is okay.

- - -

No, really. For the same vintage, same square footage house in like neighborhoods, those in Post Falls are on the order of a couple tens of thousands less expensive. Can't figure out why.
Because it is prairie land. Compare riverside harbor prices with say fieldstone... Thousands difference because fieldstone is open area, and because it is prairie land, it is windy.

I had a customer buy in CDA almost the exact same home that we viewed in post falls last week, and it was all about the feel. They didnt like how flat it was, and the wind, and they paid 12k more for it.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:49 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,744,831 times
I always think of Post Falls as being a boring suburb of Spokane. Lots of subdivisions. Whats the point of moving to northern Idaho and living in a suburban subdivision. That is totally my own view point and given that we bought undeveloped land on a river surrounded by National Forest and State lands, built our own cabin. lived off-grid and raised much of our own food....you can see why. I may have a skewed POV.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:47 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,839,717 times
Post Falls is PERFECT for some people. For example, my daughter and her husband are looking at several houses there exactly for the affordability factor for a working 20's couple buying their first home...and in Post Falls, you can still afford a house. Overly-suburban? Yeah...at least north of the freeway. But a very decent place to live for a lot of folks, for a lot of reasons? You bet.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:34 AM

227 posts, read 382,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaner View Post
Because it is prairie land. Compare riverside harbor prices with say fieldstone... Thousands difference because fieldstone is open area, and because it is prairie land, it is windy.

I had a customer buy in CDA almost the exact same home that we viewed in post falls last week, and it was all about the feel. They didnt like how flat it was, and the wind, and they paid 12k more for it.
I actually disagree with the windy part. I find it no more windy, or very little more here really than elsewhere in the CDA area overall. Compared to where I moved from in CO, there is VERY little wind anywhere in this area. We live in Fieldstone and think it's one of the best value subdivisions in the area. It is clean, newer, friendly, and a noticeably better value than say Strawberry Fields, The Landings, and other similar types in CDA/Hayden areas. I can foresee the whole prairie filling up with development in the next 20 years and if it weren't for the govt. rest areas on I-90, the lines between the communities would have already virtually been wiped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
Post Falls is PERFECT for some people. For example, my daughter and her husband are looking at several houses there exactly for the affordability factor for a working 20's couple buying their first home...and in Post Falls, you can still afford a house. Overly-suburban? Yeah...at least north of the freeway. But a very decent place to live for a lot of folks, for a lot of reasons? You bet.
Yes! I agree with this 100%. Post Falls is just a temporary place for us, but we've found it to be extremely family friendly, safe, and just as good as living in most parts of CDA area if not better than most. The value of living here is very good I think. It's just the right distance between CDA places and Spokane/Valley places.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:37 PM

6,357 posts, read 7,768,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagle Sam View Post
I can foresee the whole prairie filling up with development in the next 20 years...
That's what I'm afraid of. Why should the Rathdrum Prairie be any different? Hopefully we have good planning departments.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:17 AM

181 posts, read 435,699 times
Just bought a new home in the Riverside harbor neighborhood in Post Falls., 6 bed 3 bath with a river view...I love this area. We had been living in CDA proper but we just couldn't beat the value of the home vs the cost.

Will be moving in next week and I really thrilled. We had been looking for a larger home with some water access for some time and my wife loved the craftsman style home we found. It's still in the woods and not the flatlands and though not in CDA still has that easy going feeling to it.

To find an equivalent home in CDA with water access and the space desired I would have had to pay much more but this home fills the bill and keeps me in my beloved North Idaho and not to far from CDA.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:50 PM

212 posts, read 308,885 times
Congratulations! That's great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho