Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 09:16 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,446,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
I don't think it's an odd response if you had read the rest of the posts above his.
Hi Misty. Nice to see you here again

What I found odd about Scold's post was his comment about CA ( California). I did read the above posts. Maybe something has been broadcast that the rest of couldn't hear. I don't understand the reference to CA. I didn't get that from aiden or Shaner.

I wrote I would wait for the facts. Is the alleged shooter from CA?

It doesn't matter in one way as the shooter will be charged and tried in the county where the crime occurred, thus Kootenai County. That is another reason I don't understand the CA reference. If you can clarify, please do. I'd like to understand.

Thanks.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 09:23 PM

964 posts, read 995,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skold View Post
Hi MSR,

Thank you for welcoming me here! I hope I will be sticking around for a long time.

Maybe my post wasn't clear. Shaner said, "the fact he has had multiple allegations of taking advantage of women in his substance abuse programs". Unless I read it wrong, I assumed it to mean that there have been allegations that this pastor has been involved in taking advantage of women, thus the dastardly deeds comment All I was saying is that if I read that right, and the allegations were true, then we don't want him in our communities. If I was wrong and/or the allegations are unfounded, then I wish him the best in recovering and continuing his righteous ministry in the area.

It may have been an odd statement, but while I am a believer, I have been witness of an entire church community that has been flat out scammed by a pastor who laundered church money and had sexual misdeeds with congregation members. No community needs that!

My post was not mean to offend, and I do not feel it was offensive in any way either.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I look forward to future discussions about our great state! and community
I agree that if there have been allegations of misconduct, that should be investigated. There's too much of this kind of thing going on in ministries around the country and around the world. There needs to be more oversight. Vulnerable parishioners need to be able to feel safe with their priest.

I hope the pastor pulls through--I've read he took six shots and one almost penetrated his skull, but stopped. But if he's taking advantage of people, that should be stopped. And why wish him on California, if he's committing misconduct? Nobody needs that kind of guy in a position of spiritual authority. Let's hope there's truly nothing to it. But in too many cases where there is this type of rumor, "where there's smoke, there's fire".

Old 03-07-2016, 09:30 PM

207 posts, read 119,512 times
Hey MSR,

It is Skold...thanks!

I read in an article somewhere that the pastor came to NID from CA.

Old 03-07-2016, 11:06 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,256,652 times
I saw the post yesterday. But i did not want to reply until people from the area responded. Figured the local news would have more correct information. With that in mind. I hope the pastor make a speedy recovery, and The culprit is caught!

Old 03-08-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post

What I found odd about Scold's post was his comment about CA ( California).
MSR,

I am new to posting here so maybe I haven't noticed in my lurking, but do you give everyone the third degree, just new people, or other?

Regards
Skold

Old 03-08-2016, 08:40 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Odom was arrested:

Quote:
CNN, citing the Secret Service, reported that Mr. Odom was arrested at the White House. Mr. Odom was arrested after he threw two suspicious objects over the south fence of the White House around 8:30 p.m. EST, CNN’s source said.

The arrest was confirmed by the Couer d’Alene police, according to TV station KXLY in Spokane, Washington.

KKLY suggested that Mr. Odom, a former Marine with no criminal record but a history of mental illness, may be suffering delusions.

“In a Facebook post Tuesday afternoon, hours before he was reportedly taken into custody, Odom posted that he had shot Pastor Tim 12 times – Remington was hit six times – because he claimed he was a Martian who had ruined his life,” KXLY wrote.
Kyle Odom, suspect in shooting of Ted Cruz rally pastor, arrested in Washington, D.C. - Washington Times

Old 03-08-2016, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Glad they caught him. Now hopefully, he can be brought to justice and will no longer be a threat to society.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:56 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,256,652 times
Quote:
Wow. Didn't waste time, in getting into more trouble!!
Glad he was finally cought!
Scott

Old 03-08-2016, 10:55 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,385,232 times
Wow, indeed!
Less than 48 hours from CDA to Washington D.C.
That has to be a speed record for the delusional. A young guy here in I.F. who is as crazy as Odom took longer than that by at least a day when he left I.F. about 3 1/2 years ago and ended up hitting the White House with a couple of rounds from his AK-47. He's now doing a long stretch in some federal prison where he's also getting treatment for his schizophrenia.

It would be something if Odom ended up being his cell mate! (I don't think that would ever happen.)

Old 03-08-2016, 10:59 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,446,156 times
Quote:
Thanks Toyman. I heard the White House was on lockdown. I don't know if it this was the reason or not.

I hope he can get the mental health and psychiatric care he needs. He has to be declared sane to proceed much further in the legal system and being charged.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho