Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 08:24 AM

9 posts, read 7,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
We drove back from NID to our winter prison/work last week, and the smoke in Southern Idaho and in particular in Utah was terrible. It didn't start clearing up partially until we got to St. George, and the smoke stayed with us all the way to San Diego County. Our fire season begins now in SoCal. Oh joy.
What about working standards, is smoke a polluting factor? in which work is impossible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2021, 07:08 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
The smoke began clearing in Idaho Falls last week, CFF, and so far this week, it's been quite good.
But the clearing has aways been spotty down here. The smoke moves around, apparently by rise and fall of the temps when there's no wind.
It can sure blow in quickly too. I was planning to go on a road trip over the Labor Day weekend, and on the Monday before, it was almost clear here. I planned to leave early Wednesday morning, but by 11 pm Tuesday night, I saw the moon had turned dark orange even though Tuesday had been pretty good, and I scratched my plans to leave as soon as I saw the moon.

Last Sunday, it was clear here when I called an old pal in Bozeman. He said the smoke was very thick over there.

It sure is unpredictable, and it sure adds to the frustration everyone is feeling nowadays. I'm just glad Idaho didn't light up this summer. The fact that it didn't however, gives me a feeling of dread whenever I begin thinking of next summer. I really hope we have a long wet, snowy winter coming.

Old 09-23-2021, 03:51 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,250,708 times
Nice and clear last week over in WY; about 30 miles east of the Tetons; however, on Thursday when driving back to ID it got smokier, barely able to see the Teton Mtns from Hwy 191.

And Mike, it appears they have finally given official authorization for the Pfizer Booster....

"The Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday authorized Pfizer booster shots for people above the age of 65 or who are at high risk."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...gh-risk-people

Old 09-23-2021, 11:36 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Nice and clear last week over in WY; about 30 miles east of the Tetons; however, on Thursday when driving back to ID it got smokier, barely able to see the Teton Mtns from Hwy 191.

pat

And Mike, it appears they have finally given official authorization for the Pfizer Booster....

"The Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday authorized Pfizer booster shots for people above the age of 65 or who are at high risk."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...gh-risk-people
Thanks, F5. I'll go back to the clinic and see when I can get the jab.

I don't recognize those mountains. Are they part of the Wind Rivers?

Old 09-23-2021, 11:57 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,250,708 times
Those are called the Pinnacle Buttes NW of Dubois WY. Best way to describe is north of Hwy 26.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho