Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2009, 02:11 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,523,528 times

Advertisements

Thought I'd share a nice experience I had today, saw a request on Craigslist for someone looking for old wood, barnwood, scraps, etc., and figured they might need plywood scraps from our roofing project.

Turned out the fellow lived nearby, and wanted the wood for upgrading chicken coops, which was perfect because I also had some metal roofing sheets and a rabbit/animal hutch I had no other way to get rid of. The fellow turned up as planned, and it got me out in the snow filling up the remainder of the dumpster with sheet metal and scrap from the roof.

He got to telling me about his chickens, which are true full time free range, and how he sells the eggs from home, and involves his kids in the process. He brought us 18 beautiful brown and green eggs.

If anyone is interested in buying eggs from his Hiatt Acres Poultry, on New Sweden Highway just south of Idaho Falls, dm me and I'll send you his number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 02:15 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,523,528 times
He also sells hatching eggs and the day-old chicks, as well as blue heeler pups. I got to meet the mom, she is a gorgeous and sweet with red coat.
Attached Thumbnails
Nice Neighborly Experience, and real free range EGGS-dsc_0245-1.jpg  

Last edited by norcalmom101; 01-25-2009 at 03:24 PM..

Old 02-02-2009, 10:11 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,442,000 times
Talking Good Job norcalmom101

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Thought I'd share a nice experience I had today, saw a request on Craigslist for someone looking for old wood, barnwood, scraps, etc., and figured they might need plywood scraps from our roofing project.

Turned out the fellow lived nearby, and wanted the wood for upgrading chicken coops, which was perfect because I also had some metal roofing sheets and a rabbit/animal hutch I had no other way to get rid of. The fellow turned up as planned, and it got me out in the snow filling up the remainder of the dumpster with sheet metal and scrap from the roof.

He got to telling me about his chickens, which are true full time free range, and how he sells the eggs from home, and involves his kids in the process. He brought us 18 beautiful brown and green eggs.

If anyone is interested in buying eggs from his Hiatt Acres Poultry, on New Sweden Highway just south of Idaho Falls, dm me and I'll send you his number.
Ah, you make my day, norcalmom101. You do have a way to highlight the good things you have around you. It's a plus to have you post here as you both question some things, but acknowledge what is so great about Idaho in general and some average people in eastern ID.

How often we fail to mention those who did the nice things for us.

Nice post.

MSR

Old 02-03-2009, 10:19 AM

2 posts, read 6,733 times
thank you

Old 02-03-2009, 10:21 AM

2 posts, read 6,733 times
[quote=6loom;7301535]thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: