Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 09:44 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,661,729 times

Advertisements

I'm going to be moving from Pocatello to Idaho Falls this year. Please tell me about the schools, how is the climate, will I fit in, and most importantly, what if I have pets? (I have three turtles, five lizards, and a partridge).

But, here are my main questions:

1. Are Pocatelloites accepted in Bonneville County? Do I need to adjust any of my behaviors?

2. Will my 1B license plate somehow identify me as a liberal?

2b. Will this ultimately result in me being sneered at and/or given the finger?

3. Do I need to invest in a plug-in for my car engine?

4. And, really, how can I take care of my turtles, lizards, and partridge in Idaho Falls?

5. Did I tell you the story of how I walked into a Smith's Grocery the other day, and this woman started following me around the entire store telling me she was my long lost daughter. It was insane! I don't have a long lost daughter. But she kept following me all the way to check-out, and then out to my car. I tried to get in my car, but she kept insisting and insisting, and finally as I tried to close the door of my auto, she started pulling on my leg and it got real crazy. Pulling, and pulling on my leg...

Kind of like what I am doing in this post...

Cheers.

(Sorry, this weather is driving me crazy and I thought I would share, but the premise is true, I'm making the move north this year!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 02:00 AM

210 posts, read 946,819 times
I'm sure Pocatello will miss you and you'll have to let us know how you adapt

Funny post. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:31 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,433,954 times
Talking Funniest Post I've Read For a Month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
I'm going to be moving from Pocatello to Idaho Falls this year. Please tell me about the schools, how is the climate, will I fit in, and most importantly, what if I have pets? (I have three turtles, five lizards, and a partridge).

But, here are my main questions:

1. Are Pocatelloites accepted in Bonneville County? Do I need to adjust any of my behaviors?

2. Will my 1B license plate somehow identify me as a liberal?

2b. Will this ultimately result in me being sneered at and/or given the finger?

3. Do I need to invest in a plug-in for my car engine?

4. And, really, how can I take care of my turtles, lizards, and partridge in Idaho Falls?

5. Did I tell you the story of how I walked into a Smith's Grocery the other day, and this woman started following me around the entire store telling me she was my long lost daughter. It was insane! I don't have a long lost daughter. But she kept following me all the way to check-out, and then out to my car. I tried to get in my car, but she kept insisting and insisting, and finally as I tried to close the door of my auto, she started pulling on my leg and it got real crazy. Pulling, and pulling on my leg...

Kind of like what I am doing in this post...

Cheers.

(Sorry, this weather is driving me crazy and I thought I would share, but the premise is true, I'm making the move north this year!)
pw72,

FUNNY!!!!!!!!!

I needed a laugh so badly. Thank you for being my comic relief.

Seriously, it sounds like you are making the move. As an "insider," although "outsider," you know the area. Do you hope to live in Idaho Falls, Ammon, Bonneville County or are open to any ideas.

TwinPrism will be lost without you. Maybe we can get TwinPrism to head up the road for a get together sometime with those of us who post here.

Glad for your news, if it is good news for you. Your post should be nominated for FUNNY category. GREAT JOB!

MSR

Old 06-18-2009, 06:38 PM

634 posts, read 2,347,823 times
Well, I still have Illinois plates on one of my cars and I generally don't get the finger or strange looks...maybe they think I'm in the mob!

And speaking personally, we could use a few more liberals up this way...

Old 06-18-2009, 07:18 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,661,729 times
MSR, not sure yet. Maybe Ammon, but I'm open to other areas.

My post was admittedly a bit silly, but I really like satire, and hopefully city-data is ripe and open to it.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:22 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,433,954 times
Cool This is the Time to Look; SRL and TCOR will Have Living Units Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
MSR, not sure yet. Maybe Ammon, but I'm open to other areas.

My post was admittedly a bit silly, but I really like satire, and hopefully city-data is ripe and open to it.
pw72,

Your post was funny for a couple of reasons. While I think one of the best parts of the ID forum, in particular, is the open, friendly approach most of those truly looking for information receive; I also do become frustrated sometimes with some who have made no attempts to research anything on their own. To be clear, I'm suggesting some users don't utilize the SEARCH feature, or look at earlier threads/posts. Some haven't even looked through the really basic, and useful information, on the page where each ID city is listed. (Like temp., rainfall, average income, radio/tv stations, population, apartments for rent etc.).

Maybe to get you through this you could ask Twin Prism to meet you in Idaho Falls someday and go look at various housing units together. I know that like you, Twin P. spends a lot of time in Bonneville County. I don't know what type of work Twin P. does; however, per chance he is involved in construction/landscaping/cement work etc. - any work that would put him in touch with builders, he may have really good insider tips.

Hope you're not quite as bored tonight as you were last night.

BTW - don't forget there are housing units being sold for Snake River Landing. I was looking today and didn't realize Garbett (I think that is their name), built some really high end developments in UT. If you go to the Snake River Landing page, it has info about what types of houses and when they will be done. They have sold quite a few.

Also, you may want to check with McNeil about the housing for Taylor's Crossing on the River. Nowhere did you say you wanted to live by the river, but sometimes people forget there are going to be new housing options in less than a year at very nice developments.

Good luck finding a mover. J/K.

I must say Twin Prism is taking this relatively well. Twin Prism, you are always welcome up north with those of us who post here.

Please let us know if you have any questions. We'll probably just refer you to the Chamber of Commerce, or another social service agency etc., but please feel free to ask.

MSR

Old 06-18-2009, 11:02 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,264,571 times
Hmm okay I don't have much time as I should have already been in bed.

Rent or buy?

Schools? Charter or otherwise?

Critters, easy! Skyline Veterinary on Grizzly Ave on the west side is the clinic that tends to the exotics at the zoo. Any other clinic in town would send you to them as well

Off work this weekend so will be on here again then. Meanwhile need to prep for a busy day tomorrow.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:45 PM

4 posts, read 8,883 times
Too funny PW72! The best part was, I've seen posters write almost the exact same type of questions here on city data, in all seriousness nonetheless! I don't think they realize it. Now someone who knows both cities needs to do an "I'm moving from IF to Poc" thread and make up more good ones!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho