Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 07:01 AM

14 posts, read 63,003 times

Advertisements

I havent been on the board in quite sometime and really havnt been able to catch up on the board....sorry

I am originally from Rathdrum and have been in Florida for a long time, my father and step mother still live in Athol and I have asked them what the job market is like there. I am wanting to hear from non partial parties how hard is going to be to get work there. I am a bookeeper proficient in Quickbooks, word, excel, adobe and Office applications. They would like us to move there so I want to make sure they arent painting a rosier picture so we will move.

When I say Florida is BAD it is BAD we have been looking for work for 12 mos here with not even so much as a bite. We are at the point we have to do something. Our state is slated for more decline and I would like to get us relocated to another state that is at least holding its own and not going further down hill.

At this point we have lost just about everything we had, including our home of which we owned for 11 years. So at this point we don't have much more to lose. We got a substantial income tax return and I am wanting to use it to relocate.

So my question is..........Is there work to be had in North Idaho?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 09:53 AM

820 posts, read 1,739,471 times
Truthfully, there is about 7 ads for a bookkeeper on Craigslist in the last month. More than likely you will have to working in Spokane until something comes up here in Kootenai County.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:07 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,837,966 times
The job market here is very tough, but then again, I don't know anyone with your skills so I can't comment in that area. Check the Spokane Craigslist as Shaner suggested...it should at least give you some indication.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:19 PM

14 posts, read 63,003 times
I have checked Craiglist but really do not like to use it anymore. Every resume I sent came back with a scam so I am kinda getting leary of it. I am calling an employment agency tommorow to get an idea from them. At this point we have basically decided to move. I don't know if it can be any worse than here and I have family there. Thanks for the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho