Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 10:14 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
I'm not sure if it would be correct to say the majority of illegals do drug smuggling. Jan Brewer of Arizona said that most illegals do drug smuggling, but...
* John McCain disputed Brewer's claim: FOXNews.com - McCain Disputes Brewer's Claim That Most Illegal Immigrants Smuggling Drugs
* Brewer is insisting by her claim: FOXNews.com - Arizona Gov. Stands by Claim That Most Illegals Smuggle Drugs Into Country
So this isn't an agreed fact

Now, in regards to it being "obviously" having to do with illegals, the OP failed to demonstrate this with the section he posted. There are many smuggling cases which involve people who are legally in the country. He could have easily quoted the passages discussing how the guy left Arizona due to SB 1070.

This suspect could have fled to a jurisdiction where he could keep himself hidden easily. It was lucky for us that he chose Oklahoma and got busted there. I would give Arizona credit if a Arizona law enforcement with powers like the Texas Rangers had captured him.
The illegals coming over through the legal ports of entry sometimes have drugs but I would suspect many or most of them don't want to risk it by having drugs in addition to a fake laser visa. I think it's the legal border crossers like truck drivers and those with shopping passes that are more likely carrying drugs when they cross.

However - those illegals crossing out in the desert and paying smugglers $5000 or so very often are involved in drug trafficking. How else do they come up with thousands of dollars for the trip over? Plus it's very easy to get a laser visa (they sell them openly on the streets in border towns and for only $400 or $500) or a shopping pass and then just stay forever that anyone who crosses out in the desert is most likely up to no good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 08:56 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times
Here's more information. Gomex had already been deported twice.

Suspected high-ranking drug cartel member identified | NewsOK.com

Old 07-02-2010, 01:29 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
thank you for the info.
felonious re-entry should be added to his crimes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Here's more information. Gomex had already been deported twice.

Suspected high-ranking drug cartel member identified | NewsOK.com

Old 07-02-2010, 01:37 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
So, if we legalize all drugs, that's supposed to harm the dope dealers ? I think it would be bad to have a nation full of "legal" meth addicts. I don't want to see people covered with scabs, and rotten teeth draining the taxpayer system as they get "treated" for their legal/sanctified addictions. That makes no sense. Heroin legal ? OH GREAT !!! But wait ! It took a dealer off the streets. Don't tell me. he's now a church deacon, right ?

Old 07-02-2010, 01:57 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
So, if we legalize all drugs, that's supposed to harm the dope dealers ? I think it would be bad to have a nation full of "legal" meth addicts. I don't want to see people covered with scabs, and rotten teeth draining the taxpayer system as they get "treated" for their legal/sanctified addictions. That makes no sense. Heroin legal ? OH GREAT !!! But wait ! It took a dealer off the streets. Don't tell me. he's now a church deacon, right ?
im sending you some more rep.

People just don't get it. They think if we legalize everything the problem will go away. Why don't we legalize murder while were at it too. The drug cartels are not going to wake up and go "Oh they legalized drugs, let's go legit and be all nice and sweet" ... if anything it will make the violence even WORSE.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:08 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
Default Illegal Immigration > High Ranking Mexican Sinaloa Cartel Member Arrested in USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the USA is a safe place for many mexican criminals.
the days of just simple hardworking people looking for a better life on the other side are over.
i admire AZ for trying to do something about it, shame shame on DC

Huck, I second your comment...

Old 07-02-2010, 03:15 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,082 times
Default Illegal Immigration > High Ranking Mexican Sinaloa Cartel Member Arrested in USA

Quote:
So, if we legalize all drugs, that's supposed to harm the dope dealers ? I think it would be bad to have a nation full of "legal" meth addicts. I don't want to see people covered with scabs, and rotten teeth draining the taxpayer system as they get "treated" for their legal/sanctified addictions. That makes no sensut legalizing anything except pote. Heroin legal ? OH GREAT !!! But wait ! It took a dealer off the streets. Don't tell me. he's now a church deacon, right ?
I don't think anyone is talking about legalizing anything except pot. In many people's minds, legalizing pop would be like legalizing beer, wine and hard liquor. At least the government would be able to tax it, and if it were legal the value of an ounce of pot would go down, making it way less valuable.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:24 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the USA is a safe place for many mexican criminals.
the days of just simple hardworking people looking for a better life on the other side are over.
i admire AZ for trying to do something about it, shame shame on DC
Check out this update of the Consulate employee killings in Juarez:

Alleged gang members arrested in murders of US Consulate employee, husband in Juárez - El Paso Times

Original story: EL PASO - The man arrested in the murder of the U.S. Consulate worker and her husband has lived in El Paso and had a criminal history in the United States, public records show.

Chávez is also accused of participating in the killings of 13 teens at a party in Juárez in January.

Officials said Chávez told police that members of the Juárez drug cartel, La Linea, who live in the United States ordered the murder of Enriquez because she facilitated passports (visas) to members of the Sinaloa cartel.

Imagine that - the victims were living in the USA, the hit was ordered up by cartel members living in the USA, the killer was living in the USA. ----- If this is actually the fact and not just the USA residing killer's made-up version.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:24 AM

364 posts, read 244,368 times
Quote:
pot i am cool with being legal
maybe coke
anything else like meth
god no
its evil

Old 07-04-2010, 11:58 AM

1,890 posts, read 2,654,332 times
More and more drug busts - good.

We ought to make it law to off anyone who has dealt drugs on a major scale. Then, it would go down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration