Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 03:34 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
This isn't an 'illegals' issue. The drugs were destined to US consumers.
are you seriously saying that the US is to blame for this mans tragic death?

notsureifserious.jpg

Old 07-29-2010, 04:10 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,517,717 times
Still waiting for the details but related items recently

The Chandler officer’s death marks the third on-duty death of a Valley police officer this year.
In January, Gilbert Police Lt. Eric Shuhandler was shot near Baseline Road and Val Vista Drive while making a vehicle stop on a car that had an obstructed license plate.
The getaway driver, Daimen Irizarry, 30, was found guilty just last week of charges connected to Shuhandler’s death. The passenger in Irizarry’s vehicle, Christopher Redondo, 35, is set to go on trial next year. His charges include first-degree murder, aggravated assault and drive-by shooting. He is facing the death penalty.
Phoenix Police Officer Travis Murphy was shot and killed in May while investigating a suspicious vehicle. Danny Ledezma Martinez, 30, faces charges of first-degree murder and weapons violations in connection to the case.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:14 PM

read the last paragraph, 5 black one hispanic

Officer Killed in Undercover Drug Sale Identified (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/slain-officer-identified-7-29-2010 - broken link)

Old 07-29-2010, 04:19 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
read the last paragraph, 5 black one hispanic

Officer Killed in Undercover Drug Sale Identified (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/slain-officer-identified-7-29-2010 - broken link)
Like I said in my thread. I hope I'm wrong, and for the most part I was. I am man enough to admit that I eat crow on that one.

It goes to show, though, that Phoenix police definitely have their hands full from every angle. You could not pay me enough to do that job.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:14 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
this has nothing to do with illegal immigration.
its such a stretch to try and connect any crime in the southwest with illegals.

wait for the details.
otherwise your posts are silly and useless.
I agree How dare anyone even think for a second that any of the illegal aliens there would ever sell drugs....

Old 07-29-2010, 05:27 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,473,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
I agree How dare anyone even think for a second that any of the illegal aliens there would ever sell drugs....
That's not the point. It is the assumption that every crime committed in a largely Hispanic area is committed by illegals. That is a dangerous assumption and can easily lead to hysterical reactions by people (as just another thread in this forumwas; and it turned out to be false - but people were already 'taking up arms against the illegals.') It's dangerous to jump to conclusions.

BTW, the hero officer who was murdered was Hispanic.

I believe all that "sickening liberals" are asking is that you wait for correct information to come out - from the actual authorities involved - before you start slamming people.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:32 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,473,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
Still waiting for the details but related items recently

The Chandler officer’s death marks the third on-duty death of a Valley police officer this year.
In January, Gilbert Police Lt. Eric Shuhandler was shot near Baseline Road and Val Vista Drive while making a vehicle stop on a car that had an obstructed license plate.
The getaway driver, Daimen Irizarry, 30, was found guilty just last week of charges connected to Shuhandler’s death. The passenger in Irizarry’s vehicle, Christopher Redondo, 35, is set to go on trial next year. His charges include first-degree murder, aggravated assault and drive-by shooting. He is facing the death penalty.
Phoenix Police Officer Travis Murphy was shot and killed in May while investigating a suspicious vehicle. Danny Ledezma Martinez, 30, faces charges of first-degree murder and weapons violations in connection to the case.
Related items? What's related about them to this story, other than those involved were Hispanic?

Did you notice that the officer who was murdered was Hispanic? His name was Officer Carlos Ledesma. I'm sure his family will accept your condolences.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Related items? What's related about them to this story, other than those involved were Hispanic?

Did you notice that the officer who was murdered was Hispanic? His name was Officer Carlos Ledesma. I'm sure his family will accept your condolences.
you seemed to have missed the point, people of all races commit crimes, all the names vary to race, get it now?

Old 07-29-2010, 06:30 PM

346 posts, read 709,321 times
This is a very tragic story, and I will not comment on it until more details are released - but it shows you the dangers citizens in Phoenix face on a daily basis.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:14 AM

894 posts, read 1,127,257 times
How sad for the families of the slain officers. Just tragic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration