Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 12:02 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

Kansas court says illegal alien not in U.S. illegally (OneNewsNow.com) (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 07:21 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,991 times
So it's illegal to ENTER the country illegally but legal to REMAIN here if you can make it in without getting caught.

The ignorance of such a law notwithstanding, this is just all the more reason we MUST step up our border security. Load up the border with a big frigg'n fence, armed guards, snipers, WHATEVER, just make sure they don't get here in the first place, because once they're here, apparently they're home free.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:43 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
That's crap! Kansas doesn't want to do anything about the illegals, due to the meat packing plants - 2 being in Dodge City. That town has been taken over and if you don't believe me, go there. I Left there because of it!!!!

Old 08-25-2007, 07:00 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,850,129 times
I think the first judge had it right. Since he was automatically in violation of probabtion, she jailed him.

The appeals court has lost their collective minds. So, it's against the law to break into my home, but once you are in there you are not breaking any law? HUH? How about criminal trespass??

I sure hope the Kansas supreme court makes this right. At this point I am ashamed to admit I'm from Kansas. Between letting illegal aliens pay in-state tuition and this *sigh* buncha bloomin' idiots *walks off shaking head and muttering.*

Old 08-27-2007, 08:23 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,087 times
Default liars

That is just a lie!

Also since congress told PA that they cant enforce their own immigration laws will they tell Kansas that they cant "unenforce" the law...I wont hold my breath.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:56 AM

149 posts, read 548,469 times
It's the law!

They committed a misdemeanor when they crossed into our country. They are criminals facing a $50 fine. Over staying a visa or being here after crossing the border without permission is a civil violation (you know ... like a speeding ticket). We should redirect all law enforcement officers from whatever they are doing to chase down these criminals before they litter or fail to use their turn signals.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:45 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,850,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster View Post
It's the law!

They committed a misdemeanor when they crossed into our country. They are criminals facing a $50 fine. Over staying a visa or being here after crossing the border without permission is a civil violation (you know ... like a speeding ticket). We should redirect all law enforcement officers from whatever they are doing to chase down these criminals before they litter or fail to use their turn signals.
Actually, they are criminals facing deportation.
Over staying a visa or crossing the border without permission makes them illegal aliens and they are then subject to deportation.
All law enforcement officers should be encouraged to enforce ALL laws, including our immigration laws.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:41 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,150 times
I guess I wont be visiting Kansas or spending any money their...

Old 08-28-2007, 02:40 PM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,087 times
Default yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
I guess I wont be visiting Kansas or spending any money their...
I agree, this is just one of the ways to make your voice heard. Dont do business with illegals or their supporters.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:01 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Most of the younger people with college degrees are leaving Kansas and looking for better job opportunites elsewhere. The KC metro and the surrounding area is the one of the few areas in Kansas with economic growth and population growth. The brain drain is a severe problem in many states in the Great Plains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration