Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 12:26 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,844,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"I knew if I got accepted to an Ivy League school, it's showing the government and people who have anti-immigrant sentiment and all that that, hey, I'm here working really hard and I deserve for them to give me an opportunity because I've been very successful," she said.

just like ALL illegals seem to think we owe them something

Quote:
Felix said her dream to open a clinic in L.A. has motivated her to independently finance her Columbia University education without help from federal loans or grants, or the ability to legally make money from a job.
by using in-state tution (funded by Ca taxpayers) and working under the table...........as one commentator put it "guess she skipped the Ethics 101 class"

Quote:
"I always ask myself is it worth it," Felix said of her pursuit of a master's degree in an interview several months before her death. "You can graduate from college with your degree, but your degree isn't worth anything because you don't have a nine-digit [Social Security] number that shows you can work."
Immigration: Illegal Immigrant Students Attend Ivy League Colleges - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 06:15 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
the death of the girls is really tragic, my heart goes out to the families and it sounds like they were two who had their heads on straight, but the fact remains, as you say, not paying into the system and taking indicates a lack of ethics.

Nita

Old 08-06-2010, 07:40 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,436,175 times
Well, Boo Hoo!

Their deaths could have been prevented. They were here illegally and driving without a license. Which was left out of their sob story.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:35 AM

1,890 posts, read 2,655,065 times
So we are supposed be impressed if they barged in illegally and stole someone legal's college education? Ahem, NO. Save your tears.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:03 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,750,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Well, Boo Hoo!

Their deaths could have been prevented. They were here illegally and driving without a license. Which was left out of their sob story.
Where does it say they were the ones driving the car? Regardless of your political views, it's nice to see you taking a death so casually.

Btw, this is such an idiotic post, i didn't realize that U.S citizens and green card holders don't get into car accidents.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:08 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
How is this even remotely relevant to the DREAM Act debate? They’re exploiting these deaths to try to garner support for illegal aliens, and it’s absolutely appalling. They aren’t dead because the DREAM Act hasn’t passed. They’re dead because they were involved in an auto accident.

Why don’t they feature the heart-wrenching stories of the thousands of U.S. citizens whose lives were cut short due to the failure of our pandering government to enforce our immigration laws? I’m sure at least some of the children and young adult victims of illegal aliens would have also had promising futures. Oh, that’s right; it would be racist to mention those deaths.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:17 AM

720 posts, read 691,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How is this even remotely relevant to the DREAM Act debate? They’re exploiting these deaths to try to garner support for illegal aliens, and it’s absolutely appalling. They aren’t dead because the DREAM Act hasn’t passed. They’re dead because they were involved in an auto accident.

Why don’t they feature the heart-wrenching stories of the thousands of U.S. citizens whose lives were cut short due to the failure of our pandering government to enforce our immigration laws? I’m sure at least some of the children and young adult victims of illegal aliens would have also had promising futures. Oh, that’s right; it would be racist to mention those deaths.

Well said!

Old 08-06-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Where does it say they were the ones driving the car? Regardless of your political views, it's nice to see you taking a death so casually.

Btw, this is such an idiotic post, i didn't realize that U.S citizens and green card holders don't get into car accidents.
Driving or not, if they hadn't been here, they wouldn't have been in that vehicle.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:47 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,844,587 times
Anyone else notice that even though there were TWO girls in the story - the majority of the article was relating to the one with Mexican heritage? Who's racist now then?

Old 08-06-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Why is it that we NEVER hear both sides of the story?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration