Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 05:10 PM

6 posts, read 14,806 times

Advertisements

I was reading some interesting articles that said the CIA has intelligence that once castro dies, there will be a huge exodus of people from cuba to miami and the keys. It said that people are already preparing rafts and escape plans. They said that thousands and thousands of rafts will arrive along the keys and the US has no way to stop it.

Any comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 05:59 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,459,315 times
let them come. well, the babes at least!

and as soon as hes dead, i want to move to havana and open up a mcdonalds!

Old 07-08-2007, 06:10 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,894,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamiami View Post
I was reading some interesting articles that said the CIA has intelligence that once castro dies, there will be a huge exodus of people from cuba to miami and the keys. It said that people are already preparing rafts and escape plans. They said that thousands and thousands of rafts will arrive along the keys and the US has no way to stop it.

Any comments?
The thought of that has put chills down my spine...I just don't know where they would go when they get here...

Old 07-08-2007, 06:14 PM

564 posts, read 1,900,145 times
Quote:

Any comments?
This will solve all of Miami's problems!

No, wait. The opposite of that.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:53 PM

440 posts, read 1,494,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
The thought of that has put chills down my spine...I just don't know where they would go when they get here...
B.S ...public out cry from white and black Americans and non Cuban Hispanics will be such that the government will have to respond . When Castro was near death about one year ago I had heard that the Coast Guard , Navy and Homeland Security had plans to stop / control a possible exodus .

I live in Boca , but if another one million Cubans came here I would be the first one back home to Tampa !!!

I am sure many second generation Cuban Americans would high tail it out of South Florida as their is a dislike and mistrust as well as deep educational and economic chasm between them and more recent Commie born and bred Cubans is increasing .

Old 07-08-2007, 07:58 PM

98 posts, read 531,647 times
Quote:

Any comments?
That's all we need, more people in South Florida.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:09 PM

61 posts, read 225,642 times
hopefully they will end up in key largo LOL

i would be more worried about a major earthquake in south cali...south florida would get several million more people and be packed like sardines. People won't give up warm weather and palm trees.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:49 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,741,743 times
That's all we need, southeast Florida is already a sardine can. What's so great about warm , I mean HOT weather anyways?

Old 07-08-2007, 10:52 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,894,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
That's all we need, southeast Florida is already a sardine can. What's so great about warm , I mean HOT weather anyways?
I think the world is truning into a sardine can. I always wonder how long it will be until our resources, including land, are used up. It sends chills down my spine. The whole idea of the mass exodus, scary.....

Old 07-09-2007, 12:10 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,741,743 times
I would think people would be flocking to Cuba then, after all the tropics are a "paradise"! Oh I forgot about Haiti...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration