Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 09:37 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times

Advertisements

All I keep hearing from the amnesty crowd is that these "children" were brought here through no fault of their own and they shouldn't be held responsible for being here.

Fine, let's assume for a minute that this premise is true and these illegal children were brought here by their parents who presumably were illegal as well. That makes their parents guilty of human trafficking and they should be prosecuted just like any other coyote out there smuggling humans across our border.

Anyone disagree with this? After-all we don't want to hold the children responsible for what the parents did right? They should be prosecuted and deported if they're found to be illegal right?

Last edited by Backspace; 12-20-2010 at 09:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 10:25 AM

8,895 posts, read 5,378,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
All I keep hearing from the amnesty crowd is that these "children" were brought here through no fault of their own and they shouldn't be held responsible for being here.

Fine, let's assume for a minute that this premise is true and these illegal children were brought here by their parents who presumably were illegal as well. That makes their parents guilty of human trafficking and they should be prosecuted just like any other coyote out there smuggling humans across our border.

Anyone disagree with this? After-all we don't want to hold the children responsible for what the parents did right? They should be prosecuted and deported if they're found to be illegal right?
Prosecute those parents, convict them and deport them.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:47 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Prosecute those parents, convict them and deport them.
Then what do we do with the illegal aliens that they smuggled into this country?

Old 12-20-2010, 10:48 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,307,992 times
Quote:

I agree with you, but unfortunately our federal budget and immigration law enforcement system won't agree with you. They are so bent up on not going after too many people because they feel they don't have the manpower or the funding to either try illegal immigrants or deport them. So, the last thing they will be doing is adding another reason why to go after illegal immigrants.

But, yep, you are correct. You should probably present that to someone who could do something with it. Maybe it has been said before (I'm not sure), but the more the merrier.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Then what do we do with the illegal aliens that they smuggled into this country?
I think that I need to learn more about the deporting process. Basically, I want to say that we should deport the children with them too. I think that most of us don't know enough about what goes on before, during and after deportation. If I knew more, I think I would be able to support deportation in more situations. For instance, I have questions of, "Where do they take them?" "Do they get time to organize a place to go in their home country?" "How much time do they get?" "Does our government give them time to save up money or something?" "How long do they stay in deportation facilities?" "What happens when they are on an opposite coast or region away from their homeland?" For instance, take a Guatemalan national, if they are discovered way up in New York and are sentenced to deportation, how does that trip and process work?

Here's a basic rundown: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_is_an_...ed_from_the_US

http://immigration.lawyers.com/depor...l-Process.html
This one is very interesting because it reveals how illegal immigrants have the opportunity to NOT be deported even after being discovered as an illegal immigrant. So, you go to the immigration judge and they tell you that even though you are an illegal immigrant you can have your deportation "canceled." Now isn't that nice of our judges? How is that NOT unconstitutional to those of us who are legally here? How many warnings do legal residents get when they break the law? You're at least going to do some jail time or get probation or something on your record. But, an illegal immigrant gets their deportation canceled?

Quote:
You show that your removal would result in exceptional and extremely unusual hardship to your spouse, parent or child, and that the spouse, parent and/or child is either a U.S. citizen or a LPR
I guess this is how MOST of themget out of being deported. I mean, think about it, most of the illegal immigrants here are having children. If most of them are having children and they have the opportunity to present the fact that being deported would be an "unusual hardship" for their family then when does the government stop giving favor to them? If the criteria is to show that you will have unusual hardship on your family then it is the discretion of the judge whether to grant their cancellation of deportation. So, we have to depend on judges to not be sympathetic to them? Good luck there, huh? There's the REAL broken system. It's not immigration reform that we need, it's comprehensive immigration law enforcement reform that we need.

http://immigration.findlaw.com/immig...n-process.html

Last edited by SoEdible; 12-20-2010 at 11:09 AM..

Old 12-20-2010, 01:38 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
Quote:
Return them to their nation of origin. What reason could they have to remain here?

This ain't brain surgery it's basic common sense you know.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:57 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Think of the charges an American Parent would face if LE found out they knowingly walked their kids across a desert illegally, at night in a zone known for drug traffic. That Parent would lose custody of that child in an instance.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Think of the charges an American Parent would face if LE found out they knowingly walked their kids across a desert illegally, at night in a zone known for drug traffic. That Parent would lose custody of that child in an instance.
LOL That's true. Someone would call Child Services on them in a heartbeat too. But, when someone knows of illegal immigrant activity, they hesitate to call law enforcement. Heck, sometimes they don't even know who to call. LOL

Old 12-20-2010, 02:25 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,845,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They'd also be charged with child endangerment

Old 12-20-2010, 02:40 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,570,776 times
C’mon guys, give illegals a break. You know they’re forced to jeopardize the lives of their children. After all, if they don’t bring them here, they’ll starve, and they won’t receive an education. If other countries had schools and food, we wouldn’t have this problem. Your racism is appalling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration