Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 04:54 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Obviously, accomplishment as it applies to my comments have nothing to do with the accomplishments that you were talking about. We're talking about two different things.

And yea, i know what others would do. Human nature kinda works like that. I didn't call you a liar, but i'd tell you the same thing in your face that i'm telling you here.

I didn't say that most Mexicans in Mexico are starving, but clearly there is a reason why someone would face down the inherent dangers that come with crossing a border like ours. It stands to reason that no one would do it unless they had to. They don't come here just because they want to see your shining face when they wake up...don't flatter yourself. They're here to make a living.

As for why the illegals don't stay home if they're so great, my answer is for the same reasons that the English, Germans, Swedes, Scots, Irish, Russians, Spanish, French, and others...DIDN'T STAY HOME! Because the places they're leaving are crapholes, that's why!
Mexico is not a craphole. Mexico is the world's 12th largest economy. Carlos Slim, the world's richest man, is a Mexican national. The Mexican economy is doing quite well compared to the American economy. Most illegal migrants are Mexican nationals. They're here for one thing and one thing only: to make a quick buck.

Why are Americans in the middle of worst recession in decades supposed to care? The people in question are not here -- unlike many previous legal immigrants -- for religious freedom or to escape serious oppression or to help make America a better place. They're not here to make America better for Americans or be part of American society in the long term. They're here to make money and then go home. Or to come here, drop an anchor brat and then claim American tax payer dollars. Why are we supposed to sympathize if they can't?

Most of us aren't in this woman's position because we don't have kids we can't afford. The root of her problem isn't the evil Americans who won't let her come here without skill against the law. The root of her problems are her own actions.

We've been remarkably generous to this woman. She clearly broke many American laws including laws against employment. We haven't arrested her over it. We've simply denied her the right to keep on breaking our laws. Her only response is to accuse us of being racists and whine we aren't doing enough for her.

A hundred years ago she would have been sent home as a public charge and warned never to come back. She's the problem not the average American citizen.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:24 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Obviously, accomplishment as it applies to my comments have nothing to do with the accomplishments that you were talking about. We're talking about two different things.

And yea, i know what others would do. Human nature kinda works like that. I didn't call you a liar, but i'd tell you the same thing in your face that i'm telling you here.

I didn't say that most Mexicans in Mexico are starving, but clearly there is a reason why someone would face down the inherent dangers that come with crossing a border like ours. It stands to reason that no one would do it unless they had to. They don't come here just because they want to see your shining face when they wake up...don't flatter yourself. They're here to make a living.

As for why the illegals don't stay home if they're so great, my answer is for the same reasons that the English, Germans, Swedes, Scots, Irish, Russians, Spanish, French, and others...DIDN'T STAY HOME! Because the places they're leaving are crapholes, that's why!
So then you are still calling me a liar? I know me, you don't and I would never violate another country's borders unless I came as a refuge whose life was in danger. That isn't the case of most Mexicans. Again, they aren't starving it is just that they hear about all the entitlement programs especially if they give birth on our soil and the lure of better paying jobs. That is why they come, not because they HAVE to.

As for the Europeans you mentioned. They came here legally so your point is moot. Many suffered from religious persecution. Not so with Mexicans. I might want to move to another state because there were better opportunities also but it wouldn't be against the law.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:43 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Is it too late to put up a Starbucks in the desert and offer them free refreshments on their way north...

Old 12-27-2010, 07:32 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Things you can't control - where you are born.

Things you can control - when and if you attend school, how many kids you have and if and when you get married.
Not everyone has control over whether or not they marry. BTW you can control how you come into another Country or if you want to organize others in your own Country to improve your own.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So then you are still calling me a liar? I know me, you don't and I would never violate another country's borders unless I came as a refuge whose life was in danger. That isn't the case of most Mexicans. Again, they aren't starving it is just that they hear about all the entitlement programs especially if they give birth on our soil and the lure of better paying jobs. That is why they come, not because they HAVE to.

As for the Europeans you mentioned. They came here legally so your point is moot. Many suffered from religious persecution. Not so with Mexicans. I might want to move to another state because there were better opportunities also but it wouldn't be against the law.
Yea, the Europeans came here legally alright. Everything THEY do is ALWAYS legal, isn't it?

Religious persecution...LMAO. Sure! The Italians, Germans, Scandanavians, and French were suffering religious persecution, huh?

Old 12-28-2010, 02:31 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
Wow. Simply wow.
I wanted to leave a comment, but in the spirit of Christmas, I won't spread any more hate. There's enough of that already here.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration