Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2011, 02:38 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times

Advertisements

We are already paying for ESL classes, and the Spanish language option is widely available for all services and transactions in this country. What more do they want? If they are here illegally and feel discrimination, they can blame their parents for willfully violating our laws. If they are here legally, they can blame massive illegal immigration, and the insolence and entitlement mentality of illegal aliens.

Quote:
A study says Mexican teens trying to assimilate to the U.S. culture end up turning to pot and alcohol because of acculturation stress.

The study, in the December issue of Prevention Science, said Mexican and Mexican American students who were trying to assimilate to the mainstream U.S. culture had a tough time coping – triggering stress. The stress puts the students at a higher risk for alcohol, cigarettes and marijuana dependence, the study says.
Acculturation Stress Makes Latino Teens Turn to Pot, Alcohol, Study says - Fox News Latino
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 03:08 PM

481 posts, read 943,712 times
What more do they want? Boy has that phrase been used by the majority through out our history. The funny thing is, it is usually not the minority who is asking for anything. This study was done by researchers at Ohio State, so who exactly is asking for anything? I think it's a wonderful topic to talk about, but you plastered your bias all over the topic with that short phrase. Sadly, I can;t even get past such an offensive statment like that to even have a conversation about it.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:22 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedmom View Post
What more do they want? Boy has that phrase been used by the majority through out our history. The funny thing is, it is usually not the minority who is asking for anything. This study was done by researchers at Ohio State, so who exactly is asking for anything? I think it's a wonderful topic to talk about, but you plastered your bias all over the topic with that short phrase. Sadly, I can;t even get past such an offensive statment like that to even have a conversation about it.

You know, when you jump somebodies fence to join their party, and they find out you did just that, you might find a little prejudice don't you think? There is always the option of returning to your home Country where you will feel "at home".

What an absurd question.
Sample questions for the students included: "People don't like me because of my ethnic group" and "Kids my age exclude me from their activities or games because my ethnic group is different."

I didn't know illegal was a ethnic group? And what kind of culture is it that adults give booze to minors?

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 01-01-2011 at 03:30 PM..

Old 01-01-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedmom View Post
Majority? Please. And, which “minority” are you referring to that “usually is not asking for anything?” Yes, I am VERY biased against anyone who chooses to live in this country illegally, particularly, those who whine because they feel they are not being coddled to their liking.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Majority? Please. And, which “minority” are you referring to that “usually is not asking for anything?” Yes, I am VERY biased against anyone who chooses to live in this country illegally, particularly, those who whine because they feel they are not being coddled to their liking.
Who was it marching in the streets demanding "rights". How does one gather extra "rights" when they do not belong and are already taking more than contributing?

The "majority" are only asking for one thing, that if you are here illegally LEAVE!

Old 01-01-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Who was it marching in the streets demanding "rights". How does one gather extra "rights" when they do not belong and are already taking more than contributing?
Absolutely! How often have we seen illegals and their supporters DEMANDING rights and benefits reserved for citizens and legal residents? One has only to visit their forums to realize their entitlement mindset. And, they have the audacity to compare their illegal dilemma to the plight of black citizens.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Absolutely! How often have we seen illegals and their supporters DEMANDING rights and benefits reserved for citizens and legal residents? One has only to visit their forums to realize their entitlement mindset. And, they have the audacity to compare their illegal dilemma to the plight of black citizens.
Pa leeze

One group came here bound and gagged the other is streaming across our border treating our laws like they don't exist. Coming to "get theirs". It's not even apples to oranges it more apples to dung beetles.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:30 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Sounds like one more excuse for illegals to be pot smoking drunks and it's the fault of citizens.

Could someone please find the links to the studies of how the children of American citizens are feeling with their class rooms filled with people that speak a foreign language? I guess that would be a waste of taxpayers money.

We can't afford to deport them so lets do studies on how harmful we have become to them.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
As though anyone is preventing them from learning language or our culture. It is they who choose to remain in some little ethnic barrio refusing to learn English or adapt to our culture.

I think the real reason they're more inclined to use pot is that they're the ones bringing it here. They've been sampling the wares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration